Court for RAH in an hour...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court for RAH in an hour...

I'm totally nervous right now...my RAH husband has court in less than an hour for the first of 3 different counties that are charging him with prescription fraud. These all took place between September and October last year and we didn't find out about them until February and March of this year. I've sort of put the whole thing out of my mind over the last couple of months, but I guess we'll face reality this afternoon. The lawyer is very hopeful about his case because he has never been in any trouble before, he put himself in rehab and entered into a local drug counseling program that drug tests. From what the lawyer says this is typically the course of action they take with first offenders.

I really feel like I could be sick right now...I never imagined my once law abiding, trustworthy husband would be facing felony charges.

Please think of us this afternoon!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dark chocolate always makes me feel better!

When I start to feel anxious or worried, I close my eyes, take some deep breaths, and then envision this big pair of loving hands. Those are God's hands, and I place all my anxiety/worries into those hands, and let go.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
thinking of you!!!! Serenity Prayer really helps during times like these!!!! what will be will be and you'll find a way thru!!!!

remember to breathe. in AND out. not a bad time for some dark chocolate either!
I was told by my sponsor to Breathe in FAITH and Breathe out FEAR.
Good luck this afternoon.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thinking of you.
You'll get through this. Think of it as one step closer to putting it behind you
(((Hugs)))
Old 05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your thoughts! I went in thinking this was the trial because he has already been to the courthouse on this case twice, but it was just the preliminary hearing. The other 2 were to tell them if he would have a lawyer/set the preliminary date and to go over evidence. The good news was that 2 of the charges were dropped and the remaining 3 were lessened. So, July 15 they go again to set the trial date and then I guess we wait some more. I thought I could breath a little easier after today, but I'll still be waiting. Plus, he has charges in 2 other jurisdictions so we wait there as well...
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aah,

Thanks for the update.

Just remember, these are his charges to face, not yours.

I know how you feel, my 28 yr old son has a court date on 06/08, but I think it is just to go over evidence. ARGH! For him I wish it were court and he would end up w/a little jail time. I just want him in one place, paying for his actions, learning a lesson, etc. (my wish, but I must remember I am not his Higher Power!)
Old 05-22-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Optimist

Poor Aah :ghug3
Old 05-23-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My sis-in-law was also in court Thursday, getting sentenced for prescription fraud. Again. She did not learn from the 1st or the 2nd or the 3rd...this is the 7th and she got sentenced to 70 days - will serve 55. Her kid got taken away by the Child Protective Services because she didnt go to rehab. She just finished a 2 week detox, and next week she is reporting to jail. I really feel for you with the shock and embarassment. Remember that you didnt cause this and you cant cure this.