Hello to Everyone

Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello to Everyone

Some of you may remember me (Hi Ann, etc...). I just wanted to check in and say hi to those of you who may (or not). Basically, I used to be on here every day, years and years ago, when I was married to a meth addict. The long story made very short is that she went to rehab after a long, long struggle. The happy ending went away when she cheated on me there. We ended up divorcing.

Flash forward to today (about 5 years or so) and I am doing great still. I have actually been through a couple of relationships since then. I am with my girlfriend now for about 2 1/2 years, living together and going strong. We are really happy. She is not an addict, nor was my last girlfriend. My ex wife was the only addict I was ever with. Things are so different than they were. I sometimes watch that show Intervention. My GF hates the show because it is so depressing in her words. I explained to her that to me it is actually quite the opposite. A lot of times people end up getting help and being OK again, and even if they don't, the thing the show does is remind me how far I have come. I used to live like that worrying about my ex.

So yeah, I just wanted to say hi and check in to those of you who may remember me. Have a great one...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello there! It's nice to hear from you again and thanks for the update.
I'm glad that things are going so well for you now. You sound very content.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

I'm relatively a "newbie" here so I don't know you. But I wanted to say thanks for sharing your story and the uplifting outcome. It's nice to hear those who move on and are content in life. Thanks for posting!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb

(((PUM)))

I put the lightbulb icon on just for you

This is so weird...for some reason you came to my mind a couple of days ago, I think it was watching some people rock climb that made me think of your picture from days gone by...but I thought of you and here you are!!! Wait..let me think of a million dollars for a moment

Your life sounds wonderful and nobody deserves "wonderful" more than you. I hope your lady knows how lucky she is to have you.

My life is good today. We bought a great condo on the water (Georgian Bay) and it came with a boat slip in the marina here...and we don't have a boat (yet), so sail yourself up here and you can park there. You ARE still sailing, yes?

My son is still missing, almost 5 years now, but I learned to give him to God's care every morning and go ahead and live my life well. Say a prayer, if you will, for him Pum. I think you have special powers.

It's been ages but I haven't aged a day, LOLOLOL, and I am just thrilled to see your name here.

I'm sending big hugs and a Haiku (remember those, ha ha)...

Pum visits SR
The world is a better place
Because he was here
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Pum!
Glad to hear from you and double glad things are going well.

Stick around...we have LOTS of new smileys to play with
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for stopping in - So glad life is treating you well!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you, Pum! God knows, we always love a success story.

My life has moved on, too. I was divorced in '06 and have never been happier or more content. I don't know what took me so long.

Keep coming back now and again. You will always be welcome.

Babs
Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pum....

So so glad to here from you, what a great surprise! Ever so glad to here you are doing well. It is so good to share, gives others the shoes we were in the strenght and insight to keep on pushing through it. Right! Our lives did not end....but there is nothing they can say that we can't relate to....I know for me when I was futher back the hope and insiration of those that had been through it kept me going day by day and even minute by minute.

I still come here, because if I can share or just give a shoulder or nothing, nobody is alone, plus I still need hope and inspiration, there is alot of knew life for me that I am on shacky grounds with, I might play miss independent, but I sure know how to run for back up....SR...I share more here than with any best friend or family member.

Nobody knows like we do....

Just so good to here from you and don't be a stranger,

Rose