Was letting him go the right thing to do??

Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well he sent an email to his exgf so at least I know that as of 9:40 he was alive, that helps. Said he was staying with a friend until he goes in the National Guard in June. He looks at that and sees a signing bonus I'm sure. It was something he was filling out paperwork before he left home. I am not sure they will take him though due to chronic ear infections as a child and numerous surgeries to repair his eardrum, although at last hearing test he had normal. Just please continue to send up prayers for him and our family we really need to be lifted up right now.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Dorton)))

Praying for your entire family. I know this feeling very well. For me it has gotten better, once I learned that my worrying and anxiety was making me sicker and not helping AS one bit. I still have my days, however, where fear overcomes me---so I'm not dismissing your feelings at all, I know they are real. HUGS.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

((Dorton))

I'm glad that his gf heard from him, but I just want to caution you that this may go on for quite a while. Most of us A's take our time in reaching our bottom or getting to the point where we let our families know that we're okay.

I'm not trying to be negative, but I just want you to know that it's not unnusual for a parent to go for days, weeks or even months without hearing from their A, at times, depending on where we are in our disease. It is nothing personal, even though I know it seems VERY personal to you parents and I will forever be sorry for doing this to my family.

I sincerely hope you hear from your son soon, but I hope, even more, that you find a bit of peace within you to realize that he has an HP who loves your son and is watching over your son every minute of every day.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So VERY true Amy- thank you for articulating that so well! I have to constantly remind myself that my son will get better in his time, in God's time-not mine, darn it.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Boy don't you wish God's time was a little faster!! I slept better knowing that at least he is alive. The place where he's at is the same place he ran to last time he left before he went to rehab. The one good thing is I know this is a place he was NOT comfortable last time and I also am positive that he is not nearly as far into the drugs as he was at that time so hopefully the sane part of his brain is working and he will remember how much he hated it there. Prayers have worked so please keep them coming/
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I haven't really took the step to start posting around here yet.... just read and 'lurk' a lot so I know what was going on with your son.

I wish your family all the best, I hope you can get some sense of peace somehow. I will keep you in my prayers.