SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Lost self control (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/176289-lost-self-control.html)

Chino 05-13-2009 11:49 AM

Lost self control

The battery in my RAD's alarm died and she overslept this morning. I started fuming the very moment I had to wake her up. When she didn't get up as quickly as I wanted, I grabbed a pillow and smacked her with it, setting off a firestorm.

How stupid was that??? Two minutes later I was apologizing and felt like the biggest idiot. I knew right away why I was so fast to attack. I'm still carrying pent up emotion from my last therapy session. I should have taken care of myself two days ago instead of letting it fester.

Thankfully she's forgiven me after tears and hugs, and I invited her to go to the batting cage with me later this afternoon, get rid of some adrenaline.

Back to the drawing board!

Freedom1990 05-13-2009 12:02 PM

You mean you're not perfect either?! Now I'm going to have to 'fess up and tell you I had a reaction (out of fear) early this week and was not so kind to my youngest daughter. I was getting into her stuff, and outside of my hula hoop, you know?

The positive is we know when we've faltered, we can apologize, and move on! :ghug :ghug

Chino 05-13-2009 12:12 PM

I'm learning a big lesson the hard way. I knew I needed to do something about all the adrenaline I had the other day. I have got to stop procrastinating with stuff like that! I'm fine with procrastinating on other things :D

Freedom1990 05-13-2009 12:18 PM

Hey, why do today what you can put off tomorrow? :lmao :lmao

I get a lot out of your posts-I'm glad you shared that and I fessed up too! :ghug

PeaceTrain 05-13-2009 12:41 PM

Hi Chino, I laughed when I read your post -- you are just human -- no biggie.. You apologized, no harm done. Sometimes I feel rage well up for various reasons - but I try to hit the gym and work things out -- I think in the not too distant future you and your daughter will share a smile over the pillow incident...

Seren 05-13-2009 12:55 PM

Awww...Chino, I'm sorry to hear it. I know you feel bad about it, but apology offered and accepted. Shoot, do you have ANY idea how many times I have wanted to whack my future addict SS with pillow? :lmao

Oh, well......

Hugs, HG

Chino 05-13-2009 02:16 PM

You all are cracking me up! I shared a story with her about my therapist: when he was 20 his dad woke him up with a cattle prod. His dad grew up in a time when that kind of thing was acceptable. He can laugh about it now but it took a couple of decades. The pillow didn't seem so bad after that story :lmao

We're off to the cages... but no cage fights lol!

Impurrfect 05-13-2009 02:44 PM

A cattle prod? OUCH!!! I like the pillow better:)

It's good to know that you and DeVon are human. When I do something and feel like an idiot, it's hard to remember that we all feel that way, at one time or another.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

JustAYak 05-13-2009 02:58 PM

My dad woke me up once by picking up the matress and rolling me on the floor. I hit my head on the table by my bed. Believe me, you can do a lot worse than a pillow. Lol.

At least you apologized ;)

MyJoey 05-13-2009 04:14 PM

LOL, wow you are normal like the rest of us. Just when I was thinking how can I be perfect like Chino. Just kidding you, don't beat yourself up we all lose it. Thank goodness we can still find it once it's lost... that is what we should be thankful for....forgiveness is a wonderful thing. SMILE Julie