catching my breath

Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thumbs up catching my breath

I have noticed less posting in the FF of drug addicts. This could be a very good thing because it means some of us are finally getting it. I know I am a real hard head when it comes to doing what I ought to be doing for me.

I remember gasping for air so many times I am so glad ya'll were here to give me mouth to mouth for so long. Thank God I finally caught my breath!! Praise the Lord!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Spendra,
Nowadays I do better not getting my panties in a bunch....but I still have occasional days of slippage. LOL
Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think I held my breath the first 50 years of my life. When people said "take a deep breath" I thought they were nuts because that's the one I had been holding.

How freeing it is to just breath normally now, to not gasp every time some drama passes our window, and to know that anything other than regular breathing is a sign to take better care of ourselves.

I'm so glad you are free, Splendra, and that you to can breathe without fear.

Hugs
Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Last month my daughter was arrested for failure to appear in traffic court. I bailed her out of jail only because it was traffic court. Drug charges? No way.

Last weekend, a friend invited me to join her and her BF at the beach. It was very spontaneous and they were already there. I had all sorts of reasons to stay, but blew off business and told my daughter if she had court fines, needed an attorney, she had to work it out herself. Her court date was Tuesday.

I went to the beach, forgot all about our work computers and court. We met a couple getting married on the beach without any entourage. I have a nice camera and took their wedding photos, saw a beautiful sunset, an orange moonset at 4:30 am, and played in the waves.

The computers didn't crash and she worked it out. I'm getting it, too
Old 05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Splendra))

I've been MIA for a bit here, I missed some things, but I literally jumped for joy reading your posts. You just keep right on breathing girl, you deserve it.

Hugs my friend,
B
Old 05-09-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on being able to breath.

I'm breathing again, too. AD has stayed clean, stopped drinking, changed playgrounds and playmates. And, somehow, all without me orchestrating the whole thing.

We've had some adjustments to make. And y'all helped me with being okay to change the rules. She had some good input and spoke for some changes, too.

Life isn't perfect. I still tend to flinch and jump to conclusions quickly, but now I also remember to breath and let things settle before making decisions. I'm remembering that many aren't mine to make and that most don't have to be made the split second I think of the question.

I'm glad things are better for you, Splenda. And thanks to all the ES&P here at SR.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Well I know it is not over yet it is my understanding that H will be getting out of jail this week ug!!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am still done so don't worry...