Update on my brother

Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my brother

As of right now he is on his way to a 6 month residential program! Its ran by Spectrum health services. After that he will go to a halfway house! He is clean 7 months tomorrow, im so proud he made the right decision but sad at the same time about how his life ended up, he knows this is the right thing for him, This place is strict I guess, no phone calls for 30 days, cant leave at all unless with staff, not sure about visits, he had to bring 7 outfits, laundry soap, body soap, and all the other stuff he will need for himself........I was hoping id get to see him before he went into a program since i havent seen him in 7 months but im still glad hes taking the step he needs to stay clean!!! Just a little update for those who have helped me out!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WAHOO!!!

That's great news, and we all love to hear it. Congrats to all!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nicole, That's is truly wonderful news. And just as cynical said you have the next 60yrs to see your brother....and a better reunion that will be....as he will have the tools to continue his journey of sobriety.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

but sad at the same time about how his life ended up,
Don't be sad. This may be what he needed to do GREAT THINGS with his life!

There are some pretty 'successful' folks that had to go through what your brother is going through before they became a success.

A female Governor of Texas comes to mind. She passed 2 years ago. I look at it this way, I would not have been able to take care of the folks I did in their own homes, during their most trying times had I not found recovery. I have two dear friends that would have been able to become attorneys and become DV attorneys for the victims. Two more that have devoted their careers to being Guardian Ad Litem for Children in tough situations.

There are Judges, Doctors, Police Officers, Firemen, medical researchers, etc that could not be doing what they are doing had they not gone through what your brother is going through.

Please look on the positive side of this ................................... your brother is continuing to work on his recovery. He has had a life experience that will make him more compassionate, hard working and a very productive member of our society!!!!

J M H O

Love and hugs,