What should I do? Re: Bully's

Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What should I do? Re: Bully's

Ad was home for her week on reflection, she did very well and I saw a big part of my daughter before drugs entered her life.

My problem is this, my other daughter went to a meeting with ad this past week. My daughter mentioned that one of the girls who use to go to the meetings but has since stopped going is back into drinking and drugs. This information has gotten back to the girl at my daughters school and it has been a nightmare since. There have been several kids at my daughters school who have been threatening her and calling her horrible names like rat, snitch among other words that I can't type down here.

She even got a text message which the school asked for my daughter to download and email to them for their records. The text was from a boy who text my daughter to warn her that there would be girls waiting for her to kick her a$$ after school while she went to get on the city bus to come home so to be careful etc. The names of these girls were in the text. The behaviour tec and school secretary were with my daughter when she received this text. The school police are going in on Monday to talk to these girls and the text etc will be in the school records however, I am wondering if I should go to the police station and have them open a file with a copy of the text and information, but I am not sure if they will even do that.

One of the girls said to my daughter to stop making things up or else she will not make it to the end of the school year.

They also blame my daughter for another girl getting into trouble for using drugs.

I don't know what to do, I Hate Drugs!

Should I call these kids parents? I don't even know if the school is going to call the parents, I never thought to ask until now and when I called the lady was out of her office.

The madness just doesn't stop.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The school is involving the police and i would let them handle it for now. if you get too involved then you are also placing yourself and the rest of your family in danger. Dont step in unless you think they arent handling it and have all your contact with the police. I would also use this as a learning tool - if you hang around with people who do drugs then violence is inevitable. I had a few times that i got too involved with what other kids were doing and i have had to be pretty cautious because i know some of these kids may hurt me if they ever got the chance. It may be a good idea to try to drive her back and forth to school while this calms down and make sure she keeps a low profile - kids do have short term memory for most of this stuff.

Make sure your daughter knows that when she goes to meetings she should focus on herself and not others.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes, kids do have short term memories. However, especially with girls, I believe they tend to drag bullying out, and it goes on and on and on.

I agree with winnie, let the school handle it at this point.

I would however, make sure there is a police report of the incident on file at your local police department. I don't know if your school's officers are actual police officers. Our districts officers are actual police officers, and one is assigned to each school, and is there all day, everyday.

I hate bullying, and think that threats made should be taken seriously. If there are consequences for bullying behavior, maybe there wouldn't be so much of it. It seems worse in today's society, than when I was a kid in the 70's. Today you can use the internet and cell phone texting to arsenal!

The most important aspect of meetings however, is anonymity. This allows all who enter these rooms to feel safe!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both.

My daughter was going to meetings before but stopped a while back. I don't want her to go to anymore as my husband,daughter, and I are pretty sure that there was a leak from one of the kids that was at that meeting. My daughter did tell one of the kids that goes to the meetings to fill her in as she wasn't there that night.

The behaviour tec said that the text and information would only be on the school files.

One of the girls in my daughters class yesterday said loud enough for my daughter to hear that she blamed my daughter because one of the girls got into trouble and that she hoped my daughter would commit suicide. she is also the one who said today that if my daughter doesn't stop making things up that my daughter wouldn't last till the end of the school year. My daughter is heartbroken

This isn't the first time my daughter has been bullied over the years in school.

I am just so very tired and :praying
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like the school is taking care of it. Hopefully it will all blow over.

But yeah, I would personally go to the police as well and make sure you document every single incident (that is not already documented,) like in-person verbal threats, etc. Write it down when you hear about it: get names, dates, time, etc. Even if you don't turn every single little thing into the police, keep a running tab for yourself.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Optimist

I am so sorry for you and your family. Have you considered transferring to another school, or homeschooling? I know there are some who would say that this would be running away from a problem, but sometimes your sanity and your childs safety matter more than ideals.