Feeling hurt

Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mis

Feeling hurt

Hi Guys,

I cant sleep. Some of you may know that I'm pregnant and left the father at 2 months. I'm 7 months along now. He has many drug addictions. And was abusive. It was my only choice. If I had stayed with him, I wouldn't have been able to focus on my new job and school this semester and probably would have been physically hurt again by him.

Now, I'm feeling sad because I havent talked to my mom in about three weeks. She lives aways away, but I used to talk to her often. But havent because shes using again. Even totaled her car about three weeks ago. I feel abandoned and it brings up feelings of the many times she abandoned me and my family over her addictions. I cant seem to escape unhappiness. I feel when I try to get somewhere better that I'm only going against the grain that is my sad life. I know I'm hormonal, but even if I wasnt, i would still be upset.

I'm trying to be strong, but also give myself an opportunity to sort through my feelings.

Always praying for a breakthrough.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((mis))

sweetie - sounds like you are going thru a very challenging time and to be alone thru this must be very very difficult.

Please know that you are a very very brave woman - to take care of yourself and your baby by walking away from an unhealthy situation takes courage, strength and wisdom!! GOOD for you and your baby!!

I hate that your Mom can not be a source of more positive encouragement to you - But in recovery we learn that we can find healthy sources to get our needs met. Your mom can't be a good mom to you because of her addictions and look how wise you are by seeking comfort and support here!!!

We have lots of SR moms, aunties - and we just LOVE babies!!!!!

So congratulations on the baby - I'm very excited for you!!
I personally am a grandmother of 7 and my 8th grandchild will be born in July - I don't get to see all of my grandkids because of this nasty disease - but my heart still loves each of them.

Sweetie - you just keep taking really good care of YOU, you are a wonderful loving woman and deserve the very very best!!!!

HUGS to you and your sweetie little one,
Rita
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((mis))) Ditto everything that Rita said (except for the 8 Grand-kids.....WOW...congrat's Rita....I have two)

Mis you are indeed a brave and loving woman. Be gentle to yourself.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no words of wisdom but wanted to say stick around there are good people here and you came to a good place for support.

I am sorry for all that you are going thru ...........

you mentioned that your in school..........alot of schools have free or reduced therapy or at least they can make suggestions.
Have you thought about talking with a therapist? It may be helpful in processing the emotions your feeling

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I walked away from someone when I had a little baby, too.

And like you, I had known abandonment in my childhood, so I unconsciously chose a man (men) who would abandon me.

Guess what: the pattern stops here with YOU.

You will not abandon YOUR child and you will not abandon your child's mother....YOU.

It all stops here with you.

Keep studying, sleep a lot and eat great, and when your baby is born, tell yourself you are starting a whole new family history.

You will do great. Really you will.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluejay6 View Post
Guess what: the pattern stops here with YOU.
I had to quote you because this is HUGE and needs to be repeated

Mis, you altered your family history for the better and it took a tremendous amount of courage. Always remember you're a very strong person. You'll work your way through the emotional pain because you have all the right stuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know the pain of not having family support when pregnant!

My parents 'disowned' me when they found out I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. My mother flat out refused to talk to me at all until the day she came to see my daughter right after she was born.

My daughter's father was not there either, and was/is still a sober member of AA.

It was my support network through AA that kept my head above water, loved me unconditionally, and rejoiced with me in the birth of my daughter.

Are you able to attend any Alanon meetings in your area? I know you have a busy schedule. It was and still is so important to me to have friends in recovery, and I made those through attending meetings.

:ghug :ghug
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mis

You guys are right. Thank you for the support. When I get time one of these days, I do want to look for Alanon meetings.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mis

I don't have any great advise, but I wanted to drop you a line of encouragement. You are not alone. I know it hurts not to have Mom in your life, I was adopted and my adoptive mother died when I was 11. My birth mother lives in the same small town as me but has never tried to contact me. My ex was at the hospital when my daughter was born, but was so messed up he just as well have been home in bed. I also did not have a mother when my child was born, but I had great friends who helped me thru it.

But you know what, I saw my child's beautiful face and I knew everything would be all right. You and your child will be all right too.

Sending you hugs! :ghug3

Gotahavfaith
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My goodness to have the strength to walk away while having a baby AND going to school?
Girl, give yourself a pat on the back, your amazing!