I'm at a loss, any words of wisdom?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((cessy68))))))

I too had a man once that was everything to me. His humor could knock me out of the park. His intellect so sharp and alll kinds of really good stuff. The thing is is that he became a parasite, sucking the life out of everything I did or wanted to do. He gave just enough to make me think his intentions were good and maybe at one time they were good but I am kinda ify on that one now. Not long ago a friend said to me that it looked like the parasite was getting bigger than the host...I think this could be the case with you as well.

Life is too precious to waste it on hoping someone will become who I used to know. It's a lot like wishing my dad was alive he is not going to walk back into my life in this life at least. My h most likely won't change either. I don't think he will ever give up dope and even if he did I don't think I could trust him again and you know what I really don't want to trust him again.

I have 12 long years logged in with him and nothing changed except me.

be gentle with yourself and do lots of good things for you.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=splendra;2216040]((((((cessy68))))))

I too had a man once that was everything to me. His humor could knock me out of the park. His intellect so sharp and alll kinds of really good stuff. The thing is is that he became a parasite, sucking the life out of everything I did or wanted to do. He gave just enough to make me think his intentions were good onQUOTE]

Ah Ms. Splendra, you said it. Sounds all too familiar. It's been a long week, I just came back on here to check in. I've been taking a break from SR, because I feel like I'm redundant. However, I guess that's the path you go down when you share life with someone who is an addict. Redundant.

My new saying when friends ask how things are, is as follows: "rewind our conversation from 2 months ago, and that's about it."

Thankyou for your understanding. 12 yrs is a very long time? How did you do it that long? (I have been dealing with his addiction for roughly 2yrs now, weve been together 4)

I hope the light shines down on me soon, to guide me to the right path....
Love,
Cess