I lost my "cool" today

Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Cool I lost my "cool" today

Today is my grand daughters birthday. She turned 4. The plan was I take her shopping for treats and decorations for her party Saturday, while Mom sneaks in a hamster (all she wanted for her birthday.)

Next time...I'll do critter duty

We arrived at the party store and GD was shopping for HER of course. I wrestled with her through the store then on to the dollar store for more loot (again, she thought for her)

We picked up a pretty flower balloon that she HAD to have. SO, once I managed to round up her, the four bags, balloon tied to her wrist, stop at the prize machine and make it out the door...the balloon gets tangled in the door, in the way of a woman (and I use that word loosely).

Are you with me so far?

We untangle and the woman starts chiding GD. "Your gonna lose that balloon, you should listen to your mother, no one listens these days"
I correct, her..."I'm her Mema" (I don't know why I even gave the benefit of the doubt)
"Whatever you are she should listen better"

Mema is getting bothered now.

GD lets out a scream "My balloon!!!"

Yep...up up and away it goes. I still have the bags, trying to calm GD down, unlock the car and the broad turns and smiles and says "SEE! I told you! Haha!"

GD is heart broken, lady came very close to being full blown body checked into a car. I was livid. If GD wasn't with me I don't know what I would've said or done. And I'm not a violent person by nature.

I said "Why would you say that?!" loudly and thank heavens I left out some words in between words (young ears, ya know?)

She kept on lecturing while walking away so I yelled "Why are you STILL talking ?"

I wanted a piece of her I tell you. I'm still thinking of different ways I could have taken her down.

I swear she would have gotten the brunt of all I have bottled up for the past year.
What is wrong with people these days?

There, I feel better now (smiley therapy)
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

aww, what a meanie!!! Just call Ann..she can bring the skillet AND the steel-toed bunny slippers and that "lady" won't know what hit her!

Good for you on keeping your cool....some people are just unhappy old grumps.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-22-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post and the laugh!

So glad to know that I am not the only one who is sometimes tempted to "tackle" problem people! ROFL

And I am sure your role modeling in the face of this Broad (!LOL!) was very clear to your dear GD!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ya know, Cece...it may all be a matter of perspective. That old coot paid you a big ole compliment...

We untangle and the woman starts chiding GD. "Your gonna lose that balloon, you should listen to your mother, no one listens these days"
Now isn't it cool that you look like the mom of a 4 year old?

Yeah, she's a jerk...good riddance to her! I suspect karma will get her.

There's a song by Ani DiFranco and one line is: We could be stuck in traffic for over a week, with a car full of quintuplets all cutting teeth. Ya think that might be even better than body checkin' her?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

cece...It's pretty clear she didn't learn about good manners from her own 'mema.' Sheesh.

I hope the party is lots of fun.

edit...on second thought, maybe you could play 'pin the tail on the er, um....donkey' at little GD's party heh?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

psst off subject but I love Ani!

Sorry you had a rough day.... :ghug3
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Still Standing

People never cease to amaze me too, Cece. Some people are just mean. It sounds to me like you used great control in front of your granddaughter. Thanks for the giggle too. Now take a deeeeeeeeep breath. Hold it. Now slowly release. Feel better?
(((((((((((((((Calming Hugs))))))))))))))
Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by cece1960 View Post

She kept on lecturing while walking away so I yelled "Why are you STILL talking ?"

The steel toed bunny slippers are just the thing. As she's reading them, one good one to the shins should do it.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

cece,

That was funny, thanks for the laugh. People are brutal nowadays.... I don't know what's wrong with them. I don't wanna take over your great thread, but I wanted to respond with an example of what you were saying "what's wrong with people"?

Long and short--
Place where I go, bartender is a witch to be... (use the b word when reading all this) cause thats what happend.
The only place I go, where I'm ok to hang by myself(know everyone there and sing karaoke)
New bartender is still a witch-- I finally say it to a friend nearby- she hears me. She becomes nastier and nastier each time i go to sing karaoke each wk. Finally I confront her- (the irish in me, I know)- she gets in my face and tells me she can't stand me. I ask her why-- no reason, just "I just can't stand you. Period."

Mind you never did anything to the gal, except tell a friend she was a witch to me.
Anyhoo- I go home sad and upset, mad, and say I won't go back there. Period. Then I say to myself, "hey cess, just apologize, maybe YOU hurt her, by callin her a witch- even though she treats ya like crap"

I write a beautiful card, to her, on a jeweled butterfly card, and leave it for her at work. I write that I'm really sorry if there were a misunderstanding, and that I try really hard in life to treat people with respect and kindness, and if I did anything at all to offend her I'm sorry.
(i do this even though I still thisnk she is the wrong one- but trying to be a bigger person).

I see her for the first time last nite- since i did that. She glares at me. I think-"gee, maybe she never got the card."

I ask her - "did you get the card?"

she replies... "yep cess." And glares and walks away!!!!!!!!!!
can you imagine?

REALLY --- What is WRONG with people these days?

Anyhow, thought you'd might get a good shake of the head, on just how evil people really can be.
Silly me, for not smakin her in the first place!!!

Cess
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Cess,
You are a kind person for giving her the card.
She's a... well you said it...for not giving you a chance. Maybe she's still angry because the house fell on her sister.

I honestly don't know how people can walk around their entire life being nasty and hateful. It would exhaust me.

Normally I would brush it off but she picked on the grand daughter and Mema bear came out lol
Old 04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You guys have me ROFL!!!

Grand-kids are the best!!! Cece, I hope yours has a wonderful birthday. That's just about the age when mine got a hamster, Yuck. Now she's six and loves cats. Yay!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cessy, one word..poopyhead! She is a poopyhead. Gah.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lol, Cece there are lots of people like that in my city......

People feel like they have been wronged so much, so
they like to go out and be righted to everyone else.
It makes them feel better, or important or something.

People who aren't in recovery don't have it as good as
us, they don't learn to let go of resentments, and it
builds up inside of them and comes out in weird ways.
Makes em crazy.

In LA they use their HORNS........

Cess, She is jealous of you. I'd bet you money on it.
Your out there having fun, you are secure with yourself,
you know everyone there, sing and have fun.

She's back there slingin drinks, wantin to be you.

lol, she's not nice like you, so she probablyyyy thinks
your card was sarcastic, she may not 'get' that you
are being nice.

I have so many girl friends and they are crazy like that......

JDO.......
Old 04-25-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Gee, I sure hope you bought your grandaughter another balloon. If it were me, I would have wanted to kick that witches a$$ too. You did the right thing for the sake of your grandaughter. How could anyone laugh at a little child losing a balloon? That's cruel. Some people are just pure evil. She will mess with the wrong person one day, and someone will flatten her. She will get what she deserves.