SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   For Those Who Pray-I need them (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/174688-those-who-pray-i-need-them.html)

GwenMarie30 04-19-2009 07:25 PM

For Those Who Pray-I need them

OK. Well my daughter and my neighbor girl, Amber, snuck out of my house last night and went drinking and driving.

I got a call at 4:02am with a hysterical Amber screaming in pain and fear that she wrecked her car and they were hurt. They both had been drinking and hit a tree head on. I didnt even go to bed last night until 12:30am and they snuck out of my house and went next door to Amber's house and stole about a 12 pack of beer and came back here to drink. We just busted them for smoking pot(both girls) about two weeks ago and were already in trouble. ANyway they left my house a second time about 3:30am and went driving around my lake. They were coming back to my house when she hit the tree. Savannah is fine. She bruised both arms, broke a bone in her hand, and hit in the face with a airbag-otherwise she was ok. Amber on the other hand didnt make it out as well. She called me in painic as she knows I have nursing back ground. SHe had a compound fracture above the ankle and snapped the tibbia bone in half. It went thru the skin in front and back almost severing the foot about mid calf. I didnt go to the sceen of the accident as I dont have my license and I didnt think I would be any good when it came to my kid and my neighbor girl that I count almost as my own. I sent Paul down and called the other parents and the ambulance. Nothing is harder than having to call another parent in the dead of night and tell them their daughter has been in an accident and I dont know how they are but hurt bad.

The ambulances took both girls to the hospital. Mine was released but Amber is charged with DWI and will be arrested. She was transported to St. Louis to a bigger hospital where they had to have an orthopedic surgon set the leg. SHe had one surgery today and another scheduled for tuesday and possibly a 3rd. She may even lose her leg due to infection yet. There will be a lifetime of pain in store for this girl.

Neither girl was 16. Amber had a permit that she could drive with a licensed driver and she had insurance on her car. Amber will be 16 in May and Savannah will be 15. Amber wont see her drivers license until she is either 18 or 21. The state could very well charge her with involuntary manslaughter also. I dont see how but that was what was said. She will be arrested after being released from the hospital. This girl is in major trouble-legal and pain wise.

She is very close to my heart as these girls almost live in my house as much as my girls live in theirs. I spend everyday with these girls. It hurts my heart to see the pain this family will go thru. I know they will make it thru but the prayers will help them a long the way.

I am grateful that my girls were on stretchers and not body bags. Mine came home and is with her dad-she lives with him during the school year. My head is still spinning from the events of today, but mostly Im just really sad.

longview 04-19-2009 07:32 PM

I am sad for both girls, too. I hope they never use again and heal as well as possible. Prayers for everyone.

shockozulu 04-19-2009 07:33 PM

So sorry to read about this. Please know that Amber and Savannah are in my prayers, as are you as you work on recovering from this stressful incident.

Freedom1990 04-19-2009 07:34 PM

I honestly don't know what to say other than thank God neither one was killed. :ghug :ghug

Done_With_It 04-19-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by GwenMarie30 (Post 2199304)
OK. Well my daughter and my neighbor girl, Amber, snuck out of my house last night and went drinking and driving.

I got a call at 4:02am with a hysterical Amber screaming in pain and fear that she wrecked her car and they were hurt. They both had been drinking and hit a tree head on. I didnt even go to bed last night until 12:30am and they snuck out of my house and went next door to Amber's house and stole about a 12 pack of beer and came back here to drink. We just busted them for smoking pot(both girls) about two weeks ago and were already in trouble. ANyway they left my house a second time about 3:30am and went driving around my lake. They were coming back to my house when she hit the tree. Savannah is fine. She bruised both arms, broke a bone in her hand, and hit in the face with a airbag-otherwise she was ok. Amber on the other hand didnt make it out as well. She called me in painic as she knows I have nursing back ground. SHe had a compound fracture above the ankle and snapped the tibbia bone in half. It went thru the skin in front and back almost severing the foot about mid calf. I didnt go to the sceen of the accident as I dont have my license and I didnt think I would be any good when it came to my kid and my neighbor girl that I count almost as my own. I sent Paul down and called the other parents and the ambulance. Nothing is harder than having to call another parent in the dead of night and tell them their daughter has been in an accident and I dont know how they are but hurt bad.

The ambulances took both girls to the hospital. Mine was released but Amber is charged with DWI and will be arrested. She was transported to St. Louis to a bigger hospital where they had to have an orthopedic surgon set the leg. SHe had one surgery today and another scheduled for tuesday and possibly a 3rd. She may even lose her leg due to infection yet. There will be a lifetime of pain in store for this girl.

Neither girl was 16. Amber had a permit that she could drive with a licensed driver and she had insurance on her car. Amber will be 16 in May and Savannah will be 15. Amber wont see her drivers license until she is either 18 or 21. The state could very well charge her with involuntary manslaughter also. I dont see how but that was what was said. She will be arrested after being released from the hospital. This girl is in major trouble-legal and pain wise.

She is very close to my heart as these girls almost live in my house as much as my girls live in theirs. I spend everyday with these girls. It hurts my heart to see the pain this family will go thru. I know they will make it thru but the prayers will help them a long the way.

I am grateful that my girls were on stretchers and not body bags. Mine came home and is with her dad-she lives with him during the school year. My head is still spinning from the events of today, but mostly Im just really sad.

Holy Moly Gwen............ I was not expecting to read that.

I am sorry girl, you sure do have one thing after another.
Damn, I am so glad they are okay, how scary.....

As scary as this all is, what a wake up call for them.

Will be saying a lot of prayers for all of you.

Oh and good on you for not going down there, I can
only imagine how hard that choice must have been for you......

Lots of love, light and prayers your way..

MyJoey 04-19-2009 07:36 PM

Darn, this hasn't been a good month for you. Sending prayers......

LynziDee 04-19-2009 07:36 PM

I am so sorry to read this. I am sending prayers your way for both families.

cessy68 04-19-2009 07:46 PM

I get so upset hearing about children...... and the troubles / struggles they have, and concequently how much we as parents, and or grandparents die inside, because they are our children...

Sending warm thoughts, prayers, and hope.

Love,
cess

ItsmeAlice 04-19-2009 07:49 PM

Your girls will be in my prayers.

I pray that the consequences thus far are all they will suffer and the two will never be so wreckless again.

Hugs to you. Stay strong.

Alice

GwenMarie30 04-19-2009 07:58 PM

My mind is pretty blank. I think Im gonna go to bed.

Thanks for the prayers, they are appreciated. I will keep everyone posted on how she does.

GwenMarie30 04-19-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by MyJoey (Post 2199319)
Darn, this hasn't been a good month for you. Sending prayers......

Nope it sure hasnt. Maybe this will be enough for the month I hope. I think this will make all my girls behave for awhile. It pretty much has scared the two younger sisters too. This is a family deal and we will work thru all this. At least when Amber comes home, I can stay with her instead of hiring in a nurse, since I live right next door and Im over there daily anyway. This will help her mom and dad be able to pick up their lives and go back to work. Im a stay home mom anyway now so I have lots of time to fill.

:praying

This has just been crazy. But its not the worst and I am grateful.

kj3880 04-19-2009 08:24 PM

Yikes, that is awful. I sure hope that the girl regains the full use of her foot. If this doesn't straighten them out for a while, nothing will, I'd guess.

Are you OK?

Love,
KJ

BayAreaPhoenix 04-19-2009 08:26 PM

:praying :praying :praying

GwenMarie30 04-19-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by kj3880 (Post 2199366)
Yikes, that is awful. I sure hope that the girl regains the full use of her foot. If this doesn't straighten them out for a while, nothing will, I'd guess.

Are you OK?

Love,
KJ

Yeah, I am ok, thanks for asking. Im just tired and stressed and worried. Im just hangin around the boards reading some good things to get my mind in neutral so I can get some rest and face another day tomarrow with all that it brings. Hopefully good things.

And yeah, I definitely think they both learned something today with a overly healthy does of fear. I think their littler sisters-age 11 and 12,my other girls, learned a valuable lesson with them. They have been in trouble these past few months for things too. They are just starting on that road but maybe, just maybe, this is an eye opener for them too. Time will tell.

gotahavfaith 04-19-2009 08:45 PM

Gwen

Praying for you and your loved ones.

Our children do not know what they do to a parent's heart!!!

Gotahavfaith

greeteachday 04-19-2009 09:28 PM

Prayers for your girls that they heal and learn from this sad expereince. Prayers for you too Gwen...I'm grateful they are alive.

Impurrfect 04-20-2009 02:23 AM

((GwenMarie))

Many prayers for the girls and you. They are the same age as my niece Brit, and her best friend Brooke. I can only imagine how I would feel if I were in your shoes.

I truly hope they learn from this.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Taking5 04-20-2009 03:04 AM

You are all in my prayers, but I am confused with the "involuntary manslaughter" comment. No one got killed did they? Surely she will be facing felony charges, but manslaughter when no one got killed?

marle 04-20-2009 03:13 AM

Sending prayers for all involved. Take care of yourself, Gwen. Hugs, Marle

winnie12 04-20-2009 04:51 AM

Oh Gwen - thank God they are both alive. Its so sad to hear of these things with such young kids but lets all hope that they learned something and there wont be a repeat.
PLEASE take case of yourself right now - you're already under so much stress that is physically affecting you and if you take on too much you may have a repeat attack. please know when you have done all that you can and get help from others when you need to. Remember that if you land yourself in the hospital you'll be of no help to anyone.