Drug Tests Do Not Work

Old 04-19-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drug Tests Do Not Work

The son of a lady I know had to take a drug test before he could go visit his daughter in another city. His daughter is three years old and he has supervised visitation, however, his ex wife requested he take a drug test before his last visit because he has such a history of using drugs and alcohol. I know for a fact this man is using drugs because I saw him, He took the drug test and it came back clean for everything they tested him for. He got a big laugh out of it because he knows he's been using drugs. So he got to see his daughter because of the drug test that showed he was clean.

I couldn't believe it! I do not trust drug tests now at all. He was using crack, smoking pot and who knows what else just a week before he took the drug test. I saw the test when the clinic faxed it over to his mother.

Can anyone explain this?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by GoodKarma View Post
The son of a lady I know had to take a drug test before he could go visit his daughter in another city. His daughter is three years old and he has supervised visitation, however, his ex wife requested he take a drug test before his last visit because he has such a history of using drugs and alcohol. I know for a fact this man is using drugs because I saw him, He took the drug test and it came back clean for everything they tested him for. He got a big laugh out of it because he knows he's been using drugs. So he got to see his daughter because of the drug test that showed he was clean.

I couldn't believe it! I do not trust drug tests now at all. He was using crack, smoking pot and who knows what else just a week before he took the drug test. I saw the test when the clinic faxed it over to his mother.

Can anyone explain this?
Addicts are sneaky, it is as easy as 1,2, 3 to fake a urine test.
You can buy urine, pills, many things to help you pass one.

Just wondering if you saw him taking the drugs for a fact, did you tell her? None of my business, but when a 3 year old is involved I would at least tell the mother. (not saying you didn't)..

JMO
Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are all kinds of ways to beat drug tests. My oldest AD bought a bottle of stuff that she drank prior to UA's a few years back to beat the drug tests. Can't recall the name of it.

My EXAH was on parole the entire time I was with him, and most of his drug tests were scheduled. He beat them every time.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

GK,
Some drug tests only test for some drugs and not others. Generally speaking, the cheaper the test, the less it tests for.
Also, some drugs are out of the system within a weeks time.
He may also have bought some of the stuff at the health food stores that claim to clean out the system. Some work better than others.

Any of these senerios would explain this man's ability to escape the consequences of his actions and get away with seeing his daughter.

It's a shame.
I do hope his daughter never has to pay the price for his actions...

Shalom!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Done, No I didn't tell the mother since I do not know her. I only know the mother of the guy that took the drug test. When I saw the results, my mouth just fell open since I knew he had been using drugs. The guy's mother said she was so very proud of him for staying clean and not using drugs. I wanted to tell her it was a lie, but I didn't because I figured it was none of my business.

I didn't know you could buy things to drink to pass a drug test. He sure got a big laugh out of the test and I bet his ex-wife was furious. Cause she knows he's a big time druggie. Also, I know pot stays in your system for 30 days and I saw him smoking pot a week before the test.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If nobody was actually present when he peed, he might have used synthetic urine. It comes in this bag that heats itself so it passes the temperature test. Guess how I know this...

Edit: I just saw that the wife ordered the drug test. In that case, I don't think the clinic has a right to supervise him when he urinates, so it is a breeze to pass the test with fake urine or otherwise.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kimmieh, that is very interesting what you said about since the ex-wife ordered the drug test (which she did) the clinic didn't have to supervise the urine test.

Thanks you guys. I've learned a lot I didn't know about drug tests.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There are a lot of ways to beat a drug test:

* Fake urine, which can be heated to 98 degrees as indicated earlier.

* Real urine of someone else who is clean - you can inject this into your own bladder with a long hypodermic needle. Giving someone else you own clean urine has to be the ultimate codie act!

* They also sell very realistic fake penises for those that "watch" the urine sample being made. (I guess the plumbing would make this easier for females) and these can be used with either fake or substitute urine.

* Masking agents to fool the test - natural or otherwise.

* One of the most overlooked ways to beat a test is good old fashioned bribery. Not likely with law enforcement, but very doable elsewhere, especially in combination with one of the above methods.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He could also have faked the faxed test results to the mom. In fact that would be the easiest and cheapest thing to do. Is it scary that I still think like this, or what?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Drug tests are pretty unreliable. You have to choose a test that is for the DOC and even then they can manipulate it - not to mention that some drugs wont show up unless they have used in 24 hours. My AS admits that he can get around most drug tests - pot is the hardest to hide because it stays in the system longer so he would use other things that he knew wouldnt show up. Blood tests are much more reliable than urine but they take much longer to get back and are more expensive.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Crack cocaine can clear urine in as little as three days.

Hair testing is far more accurate. It's also substantially more costly which is why it is not as common as urine or saliva testing.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

True. I'm less and less confident in the credibility of drug tests. Random as possible is helpful but with lack of resources and other restraints this becomes difficult. Another is cost ( at least for the majority of agencies). Federal POs have a patch that is worn for a week or two at a time which is supposedly pretty good and somehow guards against tampering. Hair folicle and ION scanning is also expensive and less frequent/available.

I guess something is better than nothing but still....
Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This guy use to be very cautious about using drugs a week or so before his monthly visit with his probation officer, however, since he has found a way to beat the drug test, he smokes pot everyday. I see this guy quite often because I do some work for his mother.

He didn't use to smoke pot, but he did use crack until just before the visit to his PO. Now I see he is doing everything because he now knows how to beat the test. He is thrilled he knows how to do this. Some of his druggie friends must have told him how to do it.

He didn't manipulate the test. It was faxed directly to his mother.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

all i can say is the more bold they get the more chance they inevitably get caught. i see it all the time where they they try their tricks and soon enough they get their due. in my state its a higher charge for manipulating a drug test then actually failing a drug test.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

drug tests never detered me, or any other addict i know from using drugs. They are basically worthless in my eyes...