SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT-Heart Cath tomarrow and Im scared. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/174306-ot-heart-cath-tomarrow-im-scared.html)

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 01:45 PM

OT-Heart Cath tomarrow and Im scared.

For cryin out loud, What next?

I was at church Saturday and I collapsed in church from chest pains and couldnt breathe. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. They dont know the cause. I got out of the hospital yesterday. The blood work they did said the enzymes were good. What that means I have no idea. I dont know alot. I was on alot of medication. They said I have to come back tomarrow for a heart catherization. They said when I had kidney and liver failure in 2006 and was sepsis, I had heart damage from that, so they think its becoming worse. They want to look for blockage or damage. I dont understand any of this. Im only 34. I understand Ive used and abused my body but I thought I was pretty healthy.

I could use prayers right now.

I missed Easter with my kiddo's, so I wanted to come home to spend the day with them. I go back tomarrow. I will keep ya'll posted or someone else will.

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 01:59 PM

You'll be in my prayers here.

When they were talking about your enzymes being good, I'm sure they ran labs to test for enzymes that show up after a myocardial infaraction (heart attack). That's pretty standard procedure when someone is admitted for severe chest pain.

My brother actually had a heart attack at 40 and didn't even know it until he went to the doctor for something else several months later. They also did a heart cath on him. He's now on some heart medications, and will be for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately he's a workaholic and runs himself to the bone, so he hasn't made any healthy lifestyle changes for himself. He's stressed to the max, and chooses to live that way. There's nothing I can do about that except keep him in my prayers.

:ghug :ghug

Seren 04-14-2009 02:01 PM

Hugs and prayers! I hope everything will go very well!

HG

Serenity Bound 04-14-2009 04:59 PM

GwenMarie, Prayers coming your way.

Chris :hug:

imallright 04-14-2009 05:05 PM

Hugs and prayers for you and the children.

RedeemedChild 04-14-2009 05:06 PM

Hugs and prayers

ctrom40 04-14-2009 05:06 PM

Hugs and prayers going out to you and your kids.

Impurrfect 04-14-2009 05:44 PM

((GwenMarie)))

Hugs and prayers, sweetie. My mom went through frequent heart caths, as she did have heart problems. Medicine has come a long way, and the procedure is done done much faster and more efficient these days.

Freedom is right on about the enzymes. If there had been any heart damage, certain enzymes would have been elevated, so no elevation is a good thing!

Keep us posted, and try to relax. A heart cath is simply a good way to look at the heart "up close and personal"...lots of people who have them, find out there is not a problem, okay?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

BayAreaPhoenix 04-14-2009 05:47 PM

Hugs and prayers coming your way! :praying

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 05:58 PM

I just noticed I can't spell! :lmao

It's infarction. And I think I'm actually going to get a college degree?! :lmao

NeedingHelp7 04-14-2009 06:43 PM

Gees!!! this happened at church on Easter of all days??? I'm sorry to hear this Gwen. I hope it's nothing serious. Just want you to know I'll be thinkin of you tomorrow and keeping you in my prayers.:hug:

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 06:56 PM

Lol. Thats ok. I knew what you meant and didnt catch it either. Its kinda like the human mind can read words that are scrambled as long as the 1st and last letters are where their supposed to be. Kinda like this: Mciroawve. The word is microwave. But I know when it come to medical terminology just one letter outta place is a world of difference. Lol.

I know its pretty standard test. I still worry I guess. I worry that they will find something and I worry they wont. I just want an answer. Better yet I would like a normal life. I should be home tomarrow, if not Ill be home the day after. Yay me another mini vacation. Hey its something good in my life even if its just to the hospital. A day of blessed sleep and rest-when the nurse isnt haggling for blood. Vampires.

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 06:59 PM

My sponsor says you can't worry and pray at the same time!

We don't have cable tv at home, so any time I've been hospitalized, you can bet I take advantage of the cable tv there! :lmao

Impurrfect 04-14-2009 07:03 PM

The first time I had to sign the consent for my mom to have one done, I was about 21 and the wording of the consent scared ME to death! I was convinced they were going to kill her, even though I'd seen her go through several of them. SHE did fine...I was a nervous wreck!

I think being nervous is perfectly normal, sweetie.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 07:10 PM

And you know secretly Im ashamed to say this, but I cant even quit smoking yet. Im trying. But Geez the 1st thing I wanna do is smoke Im so nevrous. UUUGGGGHHHH.

Im having some kind of heart problems and I cant even quit. Yet I come here and ask for all ya'll to pray?

Srry, But I really am working on it. Maybe tomarrow I will get some kind of answers and it will hit home with me.

Marlie 04-14-2009 07:18 PM

Hugs and prayers. I lived in Asia for years and believe me when I say that medical care in the United States and Europe is awesome. The procedure will go well, relax, don't worry (I had a new heart procedure done 20 years ago and I am fixed!). Know that you live in the a place where the medical care is the best!

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 07:27 PM

Medical care is the best as long as you have insurance. If you dont they fix only what they have to to get you to walk out the door. There is exception to certain doctors and nurses and caregivers. Some are just really sad that its this way. There is really some good people out there in the medical field. I have had good and bad expeiences with both.

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 07:36 PM

I know what you mean on the smoking. It's kicking my butt these days. Sigh.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers tomorrow. I hope you get some rest tonight, dear. :ghug

BBD 04-14-2009 08:01 PM

pOSITIVE ENERGY COMING YOU WAY gWYNN~~~Good luck and hang in there...Bonnie

greeteachday 04-14-2009 08:46 PM

Gwen...Lots of hugs and prayers. It seems very normal to me to be scared and also to want to continue to smoke...we figure it relieves stress, right? Baby steps...First get through the test. Lots of prayers.

lostparent 04-14-2009 08:51 PM

Sending prayers your way..

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 08:54 PM

I cant sleep. I have so much on my mind.

I am so tired. Always so tired. I sleep anywhere from 12-14hrs. I have these ugly brown circles around my eyes and my skin is splotchy. I cant even go up and down the stairs with out running outta breath. I have to sit to do laundry. I cant breath. My chest doesnt always hurt. It comes and goes.

The test tomarrow scares me. Im a bleeder. Im scared what they will find. I hade kidney and liver failure 2 years ago and said there was damage to my heart. I thought it would repair itself. This was so sudden. And seems to worsen by the day.

Im scared. I have 3 small kids at home. Im used to being sick but not like this.

Lenina 04-14-2009 09:00 PM

(((((Gwenmarie)))))

You're in my thoughts now and will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Please try to relax and know you have lots of people here on SR who will be keeping you in their thoughts.

Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Much love,

Lenina

Nina Kay 04-14-2009 10:54 PM

I'm sorry that you're so scared and nervous, GwenMarie. I do totally understand. I can see why you would be, for all of those different reasons you've mentioned. It's perfectly understandable. It really is true though, that the medical field has come along way in the last several years. It'll probably turn out for you this time, like it has lots of times for me, the more afraid and worried I was and the worse I projected the outcome, the more insignificant things turned out to be. I will remember you when I pray. Just picture your family here at SR, being with you through the whole procedure. It'll be over before you know it. It's the waiting to get it done, that's the problem.
((((((((((((((Comforting Hugs)))))))))))))))))

GwenMarie30 04-15-2009 05:36 AM

Well Im off! I will be fine and let ya'll know how it turns out. I hope they can tel me something today. Some test take 3-5 days before they get the results. I told my 4yo son this morning I had to do a test at the doctors. He said you better get an A mommy. We dont like B's or C's in this house! LOL.

Im smiling.

MsPINKAcres 04-15-2009 05:50 AM

((Gwen Marie))

Praying that you will have a peacefulness fill your body, mind and spirit - that you will know calmness and serenity before, during and after the procedure. That the drs, nurses and all other staff will be compassionate and caring. Praying that no matter what the results are - that it will be minor and easily treatable. And most of all you will know that each of us from SR are there with you in spirit and that your HP is holding you, protecting you and loving each and every moment!!!

HUGS,
Rita

Serenity Bound 04-15-2009 05:54 AM

[quote=GwenMarie30;2193815 I told my 4yo son this morning I had to do a test at the doctors. He said you better get an A mommy. We dont like B's or C's in this house! LOL.
Im smiling.quote]

Awe that's so sweet. (((Gwen))) you're in my thoughts & prayers this morning.

Hugs,
Chris

mooselips 04-15-2009 01:38 PM

(((Gwen Marie)))
I'm thinking of you, sweetie.

Let us know as soon as you, can how you are.

When I had my heart cath a couple years ago they told me the results right then and there. No waiting. So...let us know....

GwenMarie30 04-15-2009 01:56 PM

Well, Im home. I was awake the whole time. They said they would give me medicine to make me sleepy. I was awake to see the cath go all the way into my heart and the die injected. I got to watch my own heart beat. Kinda weird and spooky if ya ask me. Gross.

Anyway, all was good. And my son will be happy to know that I got an A! I passed the test. They didnt find anything.

SO thats great in one way but leaves the question of still what is wrong. Oh well, time will tell. So Im just gonna hang out on the couch. LOL I cant lift nothing over 5lbs and have to stay off my feet for the next couple days. I think Im gonna take a nap.

mooselips 04-15-2009 02:19 PM

Gewnie,
Glad to hear you were okay, ad the results were negative.
That should ease your mind, so you get a good nights sleep tonight!

They checked your blood?
All that was okay?

If all your blood tests were okay, and your EKG and Cath, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes fainting just happens, and Doctors have no answers.

Rest up sweetie.