SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT-Heart Cath tomarrow and Im scared. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/174306-ot-heart-cath-tomarrow-im-scared.html)

lostparent 04-14-2009 08:51 PM

Sending prayers your way..

GwenMarie30 04-14-2009 08:54 PM

I cant sleep. I have so much on my mind.

I am so tired. Always so tired. I sleep anywhere from 12-14hrs. I have these ugly brown circles around my eyes and my skin is splotchy. I cant even go up and down the stairs with out running outta breath. I have to sit to do laundry. I cant breath. My chest doesnt always hurt. It comes and goes.

The test tomarrow scares me. Im a bleeder. Im scared what they will find. I hade kidney and liver failure 2 years ago and said there was damage to my heart. I thought it would repair itself. This was so sudden. And seems to worsen by the day.

Im scared. I have 3 small kids at home. Im used to being sick but not like this.

Lenina 04-14-2009 09:00 PM

(((((Gwenmarie)))))

You're in my thoughts now and will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Please try to relax and know you have lots of people here on SR who will be keeping you in their thoughts.

Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Much love,

Lenina

Nina Kay 04-14-2009 10:54 PM

I'm sorry that you're so scared and nervous, GwenMarie. I do totally understand. I can see why you would be, for all of those different reasons you've mentioned. It's perfectly understandable. It really is true though, that the medical field has come along way in the last several years. It'll probably turn out for you this time, like it has lots of times for me, the more afraid and worried I was and the worse I projected the outcome, the more insignificant things turned out to be. I will remember you when I pray. Just picture your family here at SR, being with you through the whole procedure. It'll be over before you know it. It's the waiting to get it done, that's the problem.
((((((((((((((Comforting Hugs)))))))))))))))))

GwenMarie30 04-15-2009 05:36 AM

Well Im off! I will be fine and let ya'll know how it turns out. I hope they can tel me something today. Some test take 3-5 days before they get the results. I told my 4yo son this morning I had to do a test at the doctors. He said you better get an A mommy. We dont like B's or C's in this house! LOL.

Im smiling.

MsPINKAcres 04-15-2009 05:50 AM

((Gwen Marie))

Praying that you will have a peacefulness fill your body, mind and spirit - that you will know calmness and serenity before, during and after the procedure. That the drs, nurses and all other staff will be compassionate and caring. Praying that no matter what the results are - that it will be minor and easily treatable. And most of all you will know that each of us from SR are there with you in spirit and that your HP is holding you, protecting you and loving each and every moment!!!

HUGS,
Rita

Serenity Bound 04-15-2009 05:54 AM

[quote=GwenMarie30;2193815 I told my 4yo son this morning I had to do a test at the doctors. He said you better get an A mommy. We dont like B's or C's in this house! LOL.
Im smiling.quote]

Awe that's so sweet. (((Gwen))) you're in my thoughts & prayers this morning.

Hugs,
Chris

mooselips 04-15-2009 01:38 PM

(((Gwen Marie)))
I'm thinking of you, sweetie.

Let us know as soon as you, can how you are.

When I had my heart cath a couple years ago they told me the results right then and there. No waiting. So...let us know....

GwenMarie30 04-15-2009 01:56 PM

Well, Im home. I was awake the whole time. They said they would give me medicine to make me sleepy. I was awake to see the cath go all the way into my heart and the die injected. I got to watch my own heart beat. Kinda weird and spooky if ya ask me. Gross.

Anyway, all was good. And my son will be happy to know that I got an A! I passed the test. They didnt find anything.

SO thats great in one way but leaves the question of still what is wrong. Oh well, time will tell. So Im just gonna hang out on the couch. LOL I cant lift nothing over 5lbs and have to stay off my feet for the next couple days. I think Im gonna take a nap.

mooselips 04-15-2009 02:19 PM

Gewnie,
Glad to hear you were okay, ad the results were negative.
That should ease your mind, so you get a good nights sleep tonight!

They checked your blood?
All that was okay?

If all your blood tests were okay, and your EKG and Cath, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes fainting just happens, and Doctors have no answers.

Rest up sweetie.

GwenMarie30 04-15-2009 02:27 PM

Yep blood work was all good too. They are vampires there I swear.

Ah well, who knows. Maybe it was a one time deal. Still doesnt explain the chest pain that comes and goes. I think that comes from something called teenagers. (STRESS!)

Lenina 04-15-2009 02:43 PM

((((Gwenmarie))))

Glad to know all went well.

Love,

Lenina

mooselips 04-15-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by GwenMarie30 (Post 2194508)
I think that comes from something called teenagers. (STRESS!)

Ooo....... I think you may have just diagnosed yourself! Calling Dr. Gwen, calling Dr. Gwen

Hey Gwen, I sometimes get chest pain, they say it's from acid reflux. Gosh...I'm feeling old. Now I take prilosec once a day, and ta-da, no problem anymore.

Serenity Bound 04-15-2009 03:19 PM

Gwen, so good to hear all went well and you got an A

Could just be acid reflux, I know I have it and at times it's so bad I thought I was having a heart attack.

IMO the fainting could very well be stress. When I was 6 mos preg I had to have a blood transfusion, I was so stressed that I almost fainted at the post office. And darn Dr Gwen was no where in sight. LOL

Take it easy tonight, go rest.

Nina Kay 04-15-2009 09:20 PM

I'm so happy to hear that the test is over and there was nothing obviously wrong with your heart. There are really times that things can't be explained. Just believe It's All Good. It can't hurt to feel positive about it and it might even help some.
((((((((((((((Relieved Hugs))))))))))))))

Impurrfect 04-15-2009 09:30 PM

Glad you got an "A" and the test was okay. Since I have a 15-year-old in the house (my niece), I agree that teenagers = STRESS!!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Done_With_It 04-16-2009 10:00 AM

******{Gwen}}}}

So glad you are doing okay, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before...

MsPINKAcres 04-16-2009 11:36 AM

whew - glad to know you got an A

teenagers - oh girl, let's talk about those 5 girls of mine when they were all teenagers - DRAMA city central!!!! It's a wonder I didn't need to have a couple of stints in my heart!

Praying prayers of praise that you are ok!
hugs,
Rita

laurie6781 04-16-2009 11:58 AM

Depends on what they checked in your blood work to be honest.

Have they been monitoring your blood sugar for hypoglycemia or diabetes? Have they checked your thyroid? Have they checked your Adrenal gland? Have they done neurological to figure out if it might be Lupus? Fibromyalgia? or MS?

Low or high potassium can also cause what yu experienced.

Keep on them Gwen. I am sorry but Drs sometimes find it hard to think 'outside' the box. I have found that WE as individuals MUST stay on top of our OWN health care, ask questions, do our own research and bring suggestions to them.

In other words, VERY ACTIVE in our own health care and NOT just take their word for something.

I am glad the heart is still in good shape. One more hurdle finished.

Love and hugs,