still breathing, praying and trusting

Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

still breathing, praying and trusting

Hey my SR Family,

Seems like many it's been a while since I have posted an update in the Saga of my life -

Like so many of us - it is filled with heartaches and many, many blessings and I am grateful. Doesn't that sound a little strange - GRATEFUL.

But I am grateful. Grateful for the ability to realize that there is GOOD in the middle of this chaos. Grateful for the ability to see my HP working in my life when my ex A is striving so hard to make things miserable.

Had a court date last week - Finally set the date that we ended our community property regime (so I'm not longer liable for any more debts he incurs - yea!), he's ordered to catch up on the deliquent house notes and get home owners insurance or he will be evicted and the house put on the market (which we know he won't do -but we have to go thru the processing of allowing him time to do the right thing - ha ha ha)

He refused to drop the spousal support issue (even at the urging of his atty) so a trial date is set for 09-14-09 - another method to drag things out forever!

My atty managed to get the garnishment dropped in half. Ex is suppose to come up with $$ to pay it (another big ha ha ha) but I will get credit for paying a bill that isn't mine. So if he is award 1/2 of my assets (retirement, etc.) I get reimbursed what I have paid.

AND now I prepare to speak on Saturday at the AA Convention.

He said - I will be at the Convention - It's not going to bother you if I'm there right?
I said "It doesn't matter to me"
Why give him more control of my life - right?

So pray me up folks - gotta be ready for that.

It was heartbreaking this week - my niece passed away in a house fire. My daughters & i went to the funeral - ex was there. Minister spoke about NOT having unresolved issues with family & loved ones. My heart broke for the girls - less than 50 feet from their Dad and with these hurtful feelings between them. All because he refuses to allow recovery to work in his life and get the help he needs to heal their relationship.

Sad. So heartbreakingly sad. Cunning, Baffling and powerful is the disease of addiction.

But I am proud of the girls for keeping healthy boundaries - They deserve them.

We all deserve them.

May the God of your understanding Bless you today with Love, Joy, Peace and Serenity!

Rita
:ghug
Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Rita)))
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((HUGS)) You are sounding so strong, wise and mature. You are coming out of this a better person. Things happen for a reason. God bless!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bless you too, Rita!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rita, Good Luck Saturday!! Wish I could be there to hear your speech, as I am sure it will be inspiring, thoughtful and filled with the joys of life in recovery.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It makes me mad for you that he gets anything of your retirement. So unfair.

KJ
Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Rita))))

You have endured so much and still keep going in your recovery and faith. I have always admired you in your strength. Blessings to you and prayers for upcoming battles.