A Story

Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Sofardown

Glad you found this forum. Sorry for why you are here. My daughter is an addict. Right now we are going thru ANOTHER relapse with her. My husband does not believe in going to meetings or any of that stuff. He doesn't see how it could make anything better. If I wasn't going to meetings I think I would curl up in a ball too. Been there and done that, don't want to go back.

Please don't beat yourself up, THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. I have lurked here too but I have decided to come out of the closet and tell someone how I feel. It feels good just to be able to get it out with people who understand.

Keep coming back.
Gotahavfaith
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Sofardown,
Welcome to SR from another Mom. My daughter is 25 and is not adopted, she had many positive things given to her while she was growing up and as far as the genetic connection, of 20 aunts and uncles, there were only 2 with alcohol problems. I have given up trying to figure out the pivotal point in her life that she felt more comfort from drugs than from coping with things as most people do - one day at a time - putting one foot in front of the other. Working the Steps, going to meetings coming here, will help you put everything in perspective -- just remember the three c's and keep coming back, there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards.. Your Worth It!