this is what we are waiting for....so now i need your help

Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Susan, the first part of treating addiction and really getting help, is admitting to it. If he isn't admitting to being an addict, how do you expect him to be willing to go to rehab? How much time will you allow him to stay home before he has to leave? I really feel for you, because your a great mom, with alot of love in your heart. Your son's addiction has caused you so much hurt and pain. There is so much work after rehab as well. I'm sure you know now, that there is no easy fix to addiction. We are all here for you, but it's clear to me, you want him to get well, and he isn't admitting he is an addict. I am praying for you and your son. I realize how affected you are by your sons drug addiction. I only wish he understood. If he knew1/2 of what your feeling, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing. Unfortunately he has no way of knowing. Your in my prayers.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

DSLA

I don't have any advise or anything. I just wanted to send you Mom hugs today. I think you are headed in the right direction.

Gotahavfaith:ghug3
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Dorton)))

I just want to give you a gentle reminder. It doesn't really matter how much YOU want him to get into recovery, and I know you want it with all your heart. If he doesn't want it, he will do everything he can to keep on doing what he's been doing, and that includes disappearing any time he doesn't get his way.

Please, take care of you..you deserve it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Susan, you've been given some pretty good advice here. My heart and prayers go out for you because I've been in your shoes and it's heartbreaking.

What gave me the strength to do what I needed to do was to go to meetings, get myself a sponsor and work 12 steps that saved my life. Why not give them a try? Like me, you have nothing to lose.

Hugs
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Susan,
Please listen to the lock your items up, I never thought my son would steal my stuff. He did and he even blamed it on us for not giving him money.

Please don't waste your money on rehab for a son that is not ready, not only will you be let down, you will be broke. Long term rehabs cost big bucks and the one month rehabs I don't feel are worth the money unless the addict really wants clean, it is just not long enough. Plus, I hate to say this but if he has no where to go he may agree, just knowing it is going to take awhile to get things set up. Only to let you down in the end.

Tell him what you want and give him a dead line. Mean what you say and say what you mean.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It is one battle after another with addiction isn't it! Addicts can manipulate and place blame so easly, my husband was so good at it...the blame game was his best. He would have my head just spinning after one of his blame attacts and have me believing in what he said. We could never get to the bottom of anything because he was in such denial. Onetime I went down to the basement to see what he was doing...as if I didn't know, as soon as I walked in he turned his back on me....I screamed at him...You are in here smoking crack! He said no I'm not, with bellows of smoke coming out his mouth and nose...!

Just try and not listen to any of this blame he is shouting out. It is all hog wash and it is what they do best.

Keep strong with your boundaries. You and your husband have each other to lean on!

Rose