Joey's day in court

Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Chris, you got it he takes it personally. He cried so hard before court and really had a hard time facing Joey during court. The judge seen the tears running down his face, he really was a mess. I did much better then he did, but I really prayed hard knowing he would be a mess.

Laughing, I agree she is not touching my hair again till she graduates....I am not even real sure about then.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Julie
Even though my H used to go to f2f meetings with me, he just doesn't get it. I can see it tearing him up inside, and usually his way to get rid of the pain is to argue with me.

you sure your H was crying at your hair? LOL
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Chris you crack me up, that's it he was crying for my hair! I know men just don't seem to get it. He don't argue with me, I am glad for that. Laughing because I was going to say he's afraid my daughter will do his hair, but she already got a hold of him. I am now really laughing because she cut to much hair out around his ears and I told him it didn't look bad.........he said, yeah right! Now I have white walls around my ears. I almost fell over laughing.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OMG, LMAO! White Walls hahahah

Julie, I hope you have a wonderful day. It's so nice, to be able to laugh in the mist of all of our pain and worry.

Chris
Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi My Joey

First of all, I'm sure the judge looked at the Mom and thought, "well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Just kidding! You probably looked great with pink hair. I mean, doesn't everyone with pink hair look fabulous??

About the judge in this case. All I can say is "thank you Lord!" What a great judge! How lucky he was to get a judge who understands addiction. My son has never been that lucky, as they automatically send him to prison!

His comments make me think that he certainly knows about addiction!

This should be a relief for you and Mr. My Joey knowing he is in a good place where it is safe and will pick up some tools to help him in the future.

Prayers heading your way

Hugs, Devastated
Old 04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Devastated,

Your right Joey really was lucky and I was so upset before hand that he would get sent to detention, but honestly when that judge talked to us, I knew he would know what was best and he has seen this many times. If he would have said send him to detention for a month first, I would have been fine with that. He was so kind to not just us, but Joey, he told him that after reading his case he felt sad to take someone with so much potential and not really give them a chance to get it together. On the other hand he let him know if he don't get it together, there will be no mercy for him when he turns 18 he will end up in jail or dead. He also told him he would like to see him sit here for a day and watch drug court so he can see what happens to these guys that chose this course of live. I loved that idea and wished I would have thought of it.

LOL it is funny how much it bothered me having that hair color, funny now that it's back to normal. The judge may have thought, poor kid he never had a chance with this woman.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So it begins, Joey called today he sounded drained (like me) said he hasn't slept since he got there. The kids there act out and then everyone gets in trouble. Hates it, don't belong here, he just wants to be home. No one talks to him, he is lonely. Hopes he can be out by August. Misses his girlfriend, can I bring his phone up this Sunday so he can call her or text her. Also bring some food there is nothing edible there. LOL O'my how long am I going to hear all this, he isn't even there a week yet. He didn't want to talk to me, that hurt, but his PO made him get on the phone.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

goodness, Julie, he didn't want to talk to you, but he sure as H!ll used the conversation to let you know just how much he hates it there.

Hang in there, my friend.
Hugs,
Chris
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi My Joey

Oh how well I know the "phone call" routine and how bad it is, and on and on. My response to all of the complaining is this.

"Gosh that's too bad. If I were you, I wouldn't go back to that hotel again!"

Tell him "if you hate it there, you're really going to hate prison or jail!"

When he says he doesn't belong there, tell him he's right! So why is he there? Who got him there? Not you! His choices got him there.

Got to start getting really tough.

Now that I know he is only 17 years old, I would be extra tough. I sure wish I had it to do over again. I would be so darn hard on my son he would never be in the mess he is today!

I swear, the only way you can save your son is to get really tough!

No, I wouldn't bring the phone! No, I wouldn't make it easy for him otherwise he'll never know what it's like to be away from family and friends. I know how difficult that is to do, but believe me it's the only way to make him realize that home is where he should be.

Remember, if you keep making life easy for him, he'll never know what it's like to be without!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My thoughts are its not supposed to be fun - that's part of the lesson he's supposed to learn - if he enjoyed it then i would say you need to worry.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
"Gosh that's too bad. If I were you, I wouldn't go back to that hotel again!"

Tell him "if you hate it there, you're really going to hate prison or jail!"

When he says he doesn't belong there, tell him he's right! So why is he there? Who got him there? Not you! His choices got him there.

Hugs, Devastated
I love your thinking, Dev. Those are all perfect responses.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi PacNorth....I'm getting just hateful in my old age, and it's about time!

Had I been this way from the beginning, instead of always defending my son and protecting him, he would be far better off today!

I did not make him accept responsibility for anything! Too bad.

That is a really good lesson for everyone out there. Make them accept responsibility from the time they are 2 years old!

Hugs, Devastated

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the post!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

No you didn't hijack the post. Thank you, I know what you are saying is true. Not easy but, true. It is nice to hear from the ones that have faced this much longer then I have. My son has not had to face anything till now and he is having a hard time, but like you said better then jail. He has truly had the charmed life and that was not a problem till the drugs started. All this is harder on me then it is him.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, my, how sad he sounds! 'Course he wouldn't be having such a rotten time if he hadn't been doing drugs in the first place!

So sorry you are having to be on the receiving end of all of it! Hugs!!!!HG
Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I wish Joey all the best. I hate to see him graduate to the "big leagues" and do that life on the installment plan crap. The ball is in his court but it appears he's got quite a team behind him! It's awesome that you're in this fight Full Time and are plugged into support here.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonewolf515 View Post
I wish Joey all the best. I hate to see him graduate to the "big leagues" and do that life on the installment plan crap. The ball is in his court but it appears he's got quite a team behind him! It's awesome that you're in this fight Full Time and are plugged into support here.

Thank you, I would be lost without this place. I have found a place that people truly understand all the emotions that go along with having an addict in your life. Also they all help when the going gets tough and we have a hard time getting tough with the addict.
For myself this week will be a hard one. My family has been here all week from out of state they wanted to see Joey before he left, so I have had a full house with lots of support. I try to never cry around my mother, she would go to pieces if she seen me cry, so I have been holding it all in. Today they are leaving and my wonderful monthly friend is due. With the house all mine this week and the emotions going haywire (hormones) I know, I will be a big baby, but sometimes it is good to just cry and get it out knowing like all things......... it will pass.