AS Ran Again

Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Julie - he covers his tracks well on the computer - he hasnt been on his myspace page for days - i think he's laying low and not telling many people where he is. I agree the weekend parties are probably what he is waiting for. its spring break and they're going to blow it out over the weekend - next week the other kids go back to school so it wont be as much fun. he does have friends that arent in school but how long will they watch and pay for him - most users i know will only share for so long - if they're also paying everything for him and this other kid they're going to get tired of the financial drain quickly. then again they could be at the beach right now - there's just no telling. trying to figure it all out just gets me crazier.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyJoey View Post
Winnie,
After reading your last post, I think I would get a hold of your local TV station and see if they will air your sons picture. Some of these kids he is with may have no idea he needs help.
I'm giving it a few more days - i really feel i have to do this because he needs to turn himself in on his own or get caught. The cops dont take it seriously until they're gone for about 4 days - especially with kids running from rehab. Basically they put out the warrants but they dont investigate - the POs are trying to do some investigation but the cops need to get involved. If he doesnt surface soon then i'm going to have to start pushing it more with the cops and his friends - I just know that once i get involved that no lessons will be learned and most likely it will repeat again. He's going to continue doing what he does until it hurts him to do it - its hard and i'm fighting every urge i have but Julie this may be his last chance to learn something - this may be his last chance to hit rock bottom. It feels like a gamble to me but i dont feel i have a choice any longer and i'm putting all my money in this time and taking the risk. Its never going to stop if i dont take this chance - I may regret it for the rest of my life but its what i feel i have to do.

I know that he may die but i also know that he's not living right now and i have to just keep the faith that HP knows what he is doing and i know i have to step out of the way and let Him do His job. its killing me inside but i know that everything i did before didnt stop this and most times made it worse so i'm trying to do something i've never done before and something that goes against every fiber in my body. its time i gave in and let go. I pray i can live with this decision.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hang in there Winnie. Know that we are all thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

(((Winnie))) Not sure what part of Ga the rehab was in, however my B lives in Atlanta (Buckhead area) I'd be more than happy to get a pic of your AS to him..............not sure it would do any good, but I think the more people on the lookout the better.

Sending up lots of prayers for you & your AS.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

winnie
hang in there and keep taking car of you and your daughter.........your son is in my prayers

I wanted to mention/ask...........here in Florida any diabetic can walk into the pharmacy and get a bottle of regular insulin without a script and I believe one pack of syringes
I was wondering if its the same there in Ga.....I would think it is, but I was wondering if your son would know that he could get insulin if he needed to.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 04-09-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Winnie, have you filed a missing persons report?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh Winnie.....

I am praying for you and your family.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

on the insulin - no he probably doesnt know that and wouldnt have any money to buy it anyway - its also a different type of insulin that they give out like that so i dont know if he would even know how much to take. he could go to our pharmacy and if our pharmacist Bobby was there he would help him but i dont think my son will think of that. Bobby knows all that he's gone through over the last couple of years but i doubt that my son is even thinking about the insulin right now or the fact that he has options.

i havent file a missing persons because they already have a warrant out for him - which is just as good. the other kids grandmother tried to file that and the police just said their was nothing they could do - you just have to wait a while. they're not going to go out and actively seek them until they have been gone a while.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Winnie,
Your heart knows the best way to go, so trust that. I can only imagine how hard this is. Julie
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

winnie, serenity prayers are headed your way. Is there any way you can use those adrenaline surges to your advantage?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((Winnie))))))))))))))))))))))))) ) I am also the mother of an addict, and it's just one heartache after another. I can honestly say that nothing has ever hurt me more. So I understand what you are going through. So many prayers are going up for you and your boy. Hang on, and be good to yourself. Your powerless.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Winnie,
I have been logging in every day to see if your son is ok -- My prayers are with you and your son. I am not the 100% hands off parent (as many are here)- but I would insure that all his friends
(and their parents) know of the health risks that he faces. His ability to make rational decisions will diminish as he becomes more insulin depleted.
I'm saying prayers for him and his safety - and your wellbeing --
It is so hard to be a parent of an addict, I know all too well..
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

:ghug2
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

:ghug2

Hang in there, Winnie.....We are all praying. HG
Old 04-09-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Winnie, your family will be in my prayers tonight! I hope your sons HP brings him to a safe place where he can get help soon!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just know that once i get involved that no lessons will be learned and most likely it will repeat again. He's going to continue doing what he does until it hurts him to do it - its hard and i'm fighting every urge i have but Julie this may be his last chance to learn something - this may be his last chance to hit rock bottom. It feels like a gamble to me but i dont feel i have a choice any longer and i'm putting all my money in this time and taking the risk. Its never going to stop if i dont take this chance - I may regret it for the rest of my life but its what i feel i have to do.

I know that he may die but i also know that he's not living right now and i have to just keep the faith that HP knows what he is doing and i know i have to step out of the way and let Him do His job. its killing me inside but i know that everything i did before didnt stop this and most times made it worse so i'm trying to do something i've never done before and something that goes against every fiber in my body. its time i gave in and let go. I pray i can live with this decision.

((((Winnie)))) Your post really moved me. I understand where you are coming from and I truly believe that this is the right choice for you and for your son for all the reasons that you so frankly stated here.

Keeping you and your son and daughter in my thoughts and prayers. Many hugs
Old 04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Winnie, I remember putting pictures all over this town on many business windows, and in the paper looking for my AD when she was a teen. She had taken off with a friend from the non secured detention center they were in. I was told the other girl was from a city near us so pictures were put up there too. I was praying and praying driving the street of that town looking for her. 1 month later, I had recieved a call that some woman had seen the picture of my AD on a store window, and thought she looked like the same girl her granddaughter was bringing home. I remember going to that apt (with the police). This sweet little old lady answered the door, with a key chain necklace on that said Jesus all around it. My daughter was hiding hunched in the bathroom on the floor scared the police were gonna take her away. They did.

She didn't tell me for a longest time, but she told me during this time they went to a drug dealers house. While they were there someone came in the door to rob the drug dealer, all were at gunpoint, the robber unplugged the phone, stole all and ran off. The Lord was watching over her even then. I cried and cried like a baby at the faithfulness and protection of God for her.

This wasn't the last time she ran though. I did have to step out of the way just as you are doing. I know it's hard not to question your decision. But don't give up hope Winnie. God is working, and protecting.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just an update. The other kid my son ran with turned himself in yesterday and gave up names where they have been staying. I had to wait till this morning but i have an address now where he may be. I just hope he didnt switch locations last night after the kid turned himself in. I was wanting to talk to the PO first but cant get him yet so i'm going to call the police and get them to go over there. Anyone on this morning please pray that he is still there or that the kid he's staying with knows where he is. He did confirm that he hasnt seen him take a shot all week so first stop has to be the ER. But at least i know the kid he was last with is decent enough to call 911 if there were any problems.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Winnie,

I was just going to post to see how you are holding up. I will be praying he is still there and gets help right away. Please keep us posted. Prayers & Hugs, Julie
Old 04-10-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm sitting here listening to the police scanner - they sent the car so i'm just waiting to hear something.