HELP what do we do?!?!?!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy HELP what do we do?!?!?!

Does anyone in Utica Ny know of anything to help us?!?! My brother went up to Ny from Florida to get help. This isnt the first time and he has been an addict for years now. He left south florida where his whole family is to start over. He has been in detox then went to Mcpike rehab. He kicked out of that rehab and sent to Addiction Crisis rescue center all of which is in Utica Ny. Well we got a call tonight and he got kick out of there for messing around with a girl. The girl and him are now walking the streets in what he called the getto. He has no idea where he is or what is around there. What do we do since we are all here in florida??? The rehab said he was still clean when they kicked him out but refuse to have him back. Does anyone know anyone there that can help us. He has no phone, no car, no money, and no clue as to where he is! Please email me at if you know of anything to help us. I guess its suspose to snow there tonight and you know us from fl think 70 is too cold! thanks for you help! anythign will help!

Last edited by greeteachday; 04-05-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: deleted email address - against posting rules
Old 04-05-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WELCOME to SR. I am glad you are here, but sorry for the reasons.

First, slow down, take some real deep breathes. Now take some more.

You state your brother has been an addict for some time, therefore he will know what to do to get in out of the cold (I have known some have even assaulted an officer of the law to get thrown in jail during real BAD weather, lol). Either a rescue mission, or somewhere. He is not a child, he is an adult. Therefore, how about letting him figure out what to do as a RESULT OF HIS ACTIONS.

Have you and your family tried counseling for yourselves, or AlAnon or Naranon? It will help you greatly in dealing with your addict loved one.

Remember:

You didn't CAUSE this,

You can't CONTROL this, and

You can't CURE this.

When he is ready (has reached his bottom) he will see recovery and/or rehab on his own. I know how hard it is to keep one's distance, however, I can tell you from my own experience and being many years in recovery now from both addiction and being a codie that he really has to do this on his own.

Check around the site, read the "stickys" at the top of this forum and ask any questions you think of.

There is lots and lots of Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H) here from others who have been where you are now or are where you are now.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry that addiction is causing so much pain in your life. As Laurie said, addicts are very resourceful and also very good at making things sound hopeless as a form of manipulation. If he and the girl have figured out how to get drugs before, they can figure out how to find shelter...never fear.
I do hope you will try some Alanon or Naranon meetings for you - they're so helpful for those impacted by addiction.