Dreams

Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

Even after all this time (almost 2 years sober for my RAH,) I still have the dreams. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'll dream I catch him red-handed.

I always dream of wadded up tinfoil.

I dream that I can't wake him up.

I dream of the smell, that awful smell.

I'm just wondering if others have these kinds of dreams and if they ever subside? I seem to get them about once a week still.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I never had an RAH. I left mine while he was still actively using. I did have nightmares for a long time afterwards however.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have dreams where my daughter uses and I beat the crap out of her. It shows me that I still have some resentments for what she put me through. She has 10 months clean. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-30-2009, 03:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I still have nightmares about losing contact with AD and searching and searching in slums for her. This never happened, but it was (is) a huge fear of mine. I also have nightmares about my grandsons getting into drugs when they get older. I wake myself up calling to them. Whenever I wake from these I take the opportunity to pray for them.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have wild dreams - sometimes dreaming its me doing the things my son does (i'm guessing that's my guilt) - sometimes i have the dreams like Marle where i'm agressive with him or his friends.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hate these dreams, I wake up soaked in sweat, which I never have done before. I wake up PO'd and scared. Not a great way to start the day.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's only been 3 months that ABF has been sober. I have those dreams, too. I dreamed the other night that someone had stolen his car, so he stole another car to get home. I was really concerned about his ethics, and about the possibility of him getting arrested. I'm sure that was related to the drug issues.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Yes, I have dreams of using or doing other things my addicts do (like Winnie). Its weird to walk in their shoes for a while, although when I awake I feel crazy haha. I also have dreams of beating the crap out of them for what they've done.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes I do dream about my situation.

My worst NIGHTMARE EVER, that I have had 3 times is that I walk in the room and my daughter is sitting there, she looks up at me with such pain in her eyes, and just falls over backwards, she is dead and I know that there is nothing I can do. This is such a vivid dream that it still gives me chills. I also dream about my grandkids getting hurt or dying in terrible ways, falling down the steps, getting hit by a car, riding a bicycle into the street. And all I can do is stand there and watch. Awful, awful, awful.

Gotahavfaith
Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have dreams every couple of nights of sluething and "detective work": rummaging thru his stuff, looking in his hiding places, counting the yards of aluminum foil to see if it was used, checking coper wires, checking the bathromm for crumbs of burnt ashes, etc. It always ends with me in the middle of the bedroom floor, surrounded by "evidence" crying and knowing that its useless to confront him because he'll deny it.

Thank God I've stopped doing it For Real... now if I can only stop dreaming of doing it!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well I don't have any particular dream, but what I can say is that all of the dreams are annoying. Ever since this haas been on with my husband(1yr 1mo) I can't seem to sleep well. I dream every night and I can't seem to get addiction out of my dreams. I hate it because it makes me want to wake up and kick his ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have the dreams too....

two in particular I can remember are....

AH was in a coffin. I was standing next to it. (I always feared he would die).

and

AH was sitting in one chair, I was sitting in another chair all wrapped up to the chair. (I believe I had been taken hostage by him.)

I'm breaking free. Thank God.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Funny, I dreamed lastnight of my exah...he left 6 years ago. But is hasn't been 6 years of no chaos, just 2 years.

Dreamed he came to see what my life was like now, he was demanding to stay and I hid him in a spare room....I don't have a spare room.

I guess something in the back of my mind triggered it.

Rose