SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I'm so very sad (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/172888-im-so-very-sad.html)

LostWife 03-28-2009 06:58 PM

I'm so very sad

It has been a while since I posted and I only did so a few times. Everyone had been so helpful. Unfortunately, the addiction got the better of my husband and he took his life a few days ago. I can't begin to explain what I am feeling - sadness, loneliness, sorrow, confusion, anger - the list goes on. Mostly, I just miss him. I would give anything to talk to him and hold him again. I was so hopeful that he would get through this but in the end he couldn't. I will always love him and will never fully understand why he felt this was his only option.

Thank you everyone for your help in the past and please say a prayer for me and my sons as we begin to rebuild our life without him.

Angelic17 03-28-2009 07:15 PM

There are no words that I can think of that will comfort you at this painful and sad time. I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband and I hope you find some peace and comfort while this heart breaking situation continues. I hope you find some comfort at this sad and lonely time.

ItsmeAlice 03-28-2009 07:34 PM

My prayers are with you and your children. I'm so sorry for your loss.
:praying

Alice

Hammerhead 03-28-2009 07:39 PM

Sorry for your loss. May God be with you, bless you and give you peace and comfort.

NeedingHelp7 03-28-2009 07:44 PM

Lostwife, I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm as speechless as you are at this moment. No words can express what you must be experiencing. It seems just unbelievable doesn't it. Honey, my hope and prayer for you and the children at this time is comfort. The next prayer is that God will show you how and where to start, one day at a time, one step at a time.

Huggs,
NH7

Kindeyes 03-28-2009 08:05 PM

You are experiencing my worst fear.....suicide. I can't even begin to express my heart felt condolences for your loss. Unfortunately, I CAN imagine the pain you are feeling. I imagine it all too often.....and it terrifies me.

I wish I could hold you in my arms and just let you cry until your tears run out.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your sons.

gentle hugs

Live 03-28-2009 08:10 PM

Please accept my deepest sympathies at this horrible tragedy.
I am so very sorry for your loss and pain and all those who love him.
(((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

greeteachday 03-28-2009 08:17 PM

Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss.Another victim of this horrible disease. My prayers are with you and your children. I'm just so sorry.

gotahavfaith 03-28-2009 08:19 PM

Dear Lost

I am so sorry for you and your children's loss. Suicide is such a terrible thing. Please get the help you need for you and your kids. And hang on to the fact that he was not a bad man, he just had a very bad disease. I will be praying for your family tonite.

Gotahavfaith

sisterofD 03-28-2009 08:31 PM

(((Lost)))
I am so sorry, my brother died of a overdose Jan 30, I know how painful it is to lose someone you love so much. I will be praying for you and your family.

hugs,
sisofD

helpus 03-28-2009 08:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family.

mendingheart 03-28-2009 08:38 PM

I am so sorry for your pain and loss............please know my thoughts are with you.

TTOSBT 03-28-2009 08:46 PM

I am so sorry for you and the boys.
My heart breaks for all of you.
Please keep posting and know that you are not alone.

BayAreaPhoenix 03-28-2009 09:23 PM

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Sending you hugs and prayers.

(((hugs)))

sleepygoat 03-28-2009 11:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Ann 03-29-2009 03:00 AM

It just breaks my heart when we lose an addict and my prayers go out for you and your children.

Others here have lost loved ones to this disease, please feel comfortable to come here and share as you go through the pain and grief.

And please know how very much we care and wish we could be there to comfort you as you go through this sad time.

Hugs and Prayers :hug:

The songs of the waves and the hymns of the streams
Are scattered, and the voices of the throngs reduced to silence;
And I can hear naught but the music of Eternity
In exact harmony with the spirit's desires.
I am cloaked in full whiteness;
I am in comfort; I am in peace.

Kahlil Gibran

Suspicious 03-29-2009 03:49 AM

I am so sorry for you and your family for your loss.

Impurrfect 03-29-2009 04:11 AM

(((Lost)))

I'm so sorry, sweetie. My wish is that you can feel all the love, hugs and prayers that are behind the words you see from everyone here on your computer screen.

I know we can't take away the pain and grief, but we will be here for you.

Many, many hugs and prayers!

Amy

hope213 03-29-2009 04:18 AM

i am so sorry for your loss & your sons lost of their father. please know you are in my thoughts & in my prayers. hugs,