Wake up call... Boy I need help

Old 03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wake up call... Boy I need help

Well, first my daughter became an addict. Missing 6 years now. Then my husband - a good 6 years now.

My sister had a heart attack at 51 Wed. night and that's when I finally got back here. Not this particular site, but to Recovery. I am a mess.

Tonight I came home from work to find out my husband handed my daughter $10 and told her to go get something to eat and he took off...once again. He just called now and asked me to pick him up. A good 45 minute drive because he can't drive - probably drunk and I said no. Stay there or take the bus.

Believe it or not, I think this is the first time I have done this. He is supposed to be entering a day program for 3 week on April 6th and his using and drinking is increasing - fairly functioning addict - most likely, no BECAUSE, I look after him.

I need to get into Recovery and out of denial. I am living a fake life. Our friends don't have a clue what's going on. Can you believe it!

I am in debt because of these decisions.

Now enough of all that. How do I get in the chat room? I followed all the technical instructions, downloads, cleaning cookies, etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! It sounds like your own recovery is definitely needed! :ghug

To get to the chat, go back to the main board (SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information ), and right underneath that you should see a menu bar running across the width with several options. Over to the far right, you'll see 'log out' and just to the left of that is the link to the chat room. Hope that helps!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I remember having the same exact feelings you're having now... learn, eat, and breathe boundaries... focus on yourself and what's best for you. His thumb wasn't broken pulling out the money... his thumb wasn't broke getting to his score... so his thumb isn't broken to find a way home.... (geez I sound so mean).... I had a good dose of this today.... love yourself more than he loves his stuff.

:praying
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome - Sounds like you have made a good decision to work on you. Hope you will seek out some face to face meetings of Alanon or Naranon as well - They are so helpful.

As to chat...All I know it click the little down arrow next to "chat room" up on the right upper corner of this page and select Enter chat room. After that, you're on your own
Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

welcome.. .we can change ourselves. I know tryin' to change others never brought me any
happiness.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Denisee,
Glad you found us, you are going to be feeling alot better soon.

Hugs, and hugs
Old 03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Denisse, Welcome to SR!

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-29-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome to s.r. keep coming back. it sounds as if you are ready for recovery & we have what you need. people here have been where you are & understand. find a meeting to go to. it helps to talk face to face. sending prayers up for you.