Language of Letting Go - March 25 - Letting Go of Worry

Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 25 - Letting Go of Worry

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go of Worry

What if we knew for certain that everything we're worried about today will work out fine?

What if . . . we had a guarantee that the problem bothering us would be worked out in the most perfect way, and at the best possible time? Furthermore, what if we knew that three years from now we'd be grateful for that problem, and its solution?

What if . . . we knew that even our worst fear would work out for the best?

What if . . . we had a guarantee that everything that's happening, and has happened, in our life was meant to be, planned just for us, and in our best interest?

What if . . . we had a guarantee that the people we love are experiencing exactly what they need in order to become who they're intended to become? Further, what if we had a guarantee that others can be responsible for themselves, and we don't have to control or take responsibility for them?

What if . . . we knew the future was going to be good, and we would have an abundance of resources and guidance to handle whatever comes our way?

What if . . . we knew everything was okay, and we didn't have to worry about a thing? What would we do then?

We'd be free to let go and enjoy life.

Today, I will know that I don't have to worry about anything. If I do worry, I will do it with the understanding that I am choosing to worry, and it is not necessary.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What if . . . we knew the future was going to be good, and we would have an abundance of resources and guidance to handle whatever comes our way?
Worry is a wasted emotion that sucks the life right out of us. It is an assumption that usually is never as bad as we imagine, and most times never happens at all. "Worry" won't change the outcome. Regardless of how life unfolds, we survive.

If I knew then what I know now, I could have let go of worry a long time ago.

Hugs
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
What if . . . we had a guarantee that the people we love are experiencing exactly what they need in order to become who they're intended to become? Further, what if we had a guarantee that others can be responsible for themselves, and we don't have to control or take responsibility for them?
Accepting this just as a possibility has been so freeing for me - it has given me the ability to let go of the worry, stress and fear over not only the addicts in my life but all of my loved ones. Each one (especially my daughters) is walking their own path - I must let them do so in order to become the person their Higher Power has planned for them to be. My time of "raising" them is over - It is truly time to LET GO and Give them the Freedom to BE.

Do I let go of the worry all the time - NO - but at I'm getting better at it!! Progress not Perfection!!

Great post, Ann - Thanks!!

Last edited by MsPINKAcres; 03-25-2009 at 05:20 AM. Reason: forgot to add a sentence
Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I worry way too much. I didnt used to be like this... I had more of a whatever happens, happens attitude. I am seeing a connection with what is going on now with AH with this increase in worry. But I worry about everything not just AH. If I am not worried about something someone better check me for a pulse.

But I am making a promise to myself that starting today I will TRY not to worry about things I cant change and if it is something I can change then instead of worry I will concentrate on a plan to change it.

Notice I only said try cuz I dont know how good I will be at this.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a really tough one for me. I worry about everything. It gets very exhausting. I think I somehow think that by worrying I can prepare for every bad thing that will happen. Of course, that is an illusion. In the long run, worrying helps nothing. It just makes me tired.