SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Update on AS (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/172505-update.html)

mooselips 03-24-2009 10:37 AM

Update on AS

Well today is the day.

AS is in court.
Supposedly he told me the case would be thrown
out because it dragged on so long.

I'm thinking this is not so.

Otherwise he would have been on his way home by now.

So, I guess the judge is deciding, not a jury.
The judge will return at 1:30 p.m. with a verdict.
And this is for the phone/drug/selling charge.

So...son calls GF, GF calls me, AS calls me.

He said he might go to jail today, I say..."Yep"
He says well, I have to see GF and baby.
I say...."I was under the belief you saw both of them yesterday, no?"
He says...yeah, but I THOUGHT YOU'D WANT TO BRING THEM DOWN HERE.

I say...."Nope, I have a Drs. appt. today"

He says...okay fine....... and hung up on me.

This is a terrible thought, but I am seriously hoping he does get jail time, then maybe she has a chance for her and the baby to move on.

Fingers crossed, one way or another, not my decision.
All in his H.P.'s hands.

And I'm as calm as a bug in a rug....):

breakingfree88 03-24-2009 10:42 AM

I respect you for your strength. Please keep us updated.
Love,
Holly

Freedom1990 03-24-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by mooselips (Post 2162823)

What beautiful words to my ears!!!!!!!!!!!

:ghug :ghug :ghug

PS. How is that bouncing baby moose-let boy doing?

MyJoey 03-24-2009 11:14 AM

I hope everything works out for the best, whatever happens you got our support. Just enjoy to baby.

Serenity Bound 03-24-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by mooselips (Post 2162823)

Aw Moose, :You_Rock_

How is little moose?

outtolunch 03-24-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by breakingfree88 (Post 2162831)
I respect you for your strength. Please keep us updated.
Love,
Holly

Ditto.

cece1960 03-24-2009 11:37 AM

Mema Moosie, I want to be just like you.

Good for you
(((Hugs)))

Impurrfect 03-24-2009 11:48 AM

(((Moose))) - no matter what happens with AS, YOUR recovery is awesome.

His consequences seem to include jail and not seeing little Aiden and the gf. YOU, however, will get to continue on your merry way, showing Aiden and his mom, all the wonderful things in life, and that there IS life after addiction.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Jody Hepler 03-24-2009 12:06 PM

You are one of my heroes! Wish I knew you when I was going through stuff with my son the last 15 years.

You are just a great example of the program working. We can have a good life - make that a great life - whether or not the addicts in our life ever get sober.

As you say "Let go or be dragged".

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler

:Val004:

mooselips 03-24-2009 03:12 PM

Here's the verdict:

manatory 2 years.

He has 10 days, then goes back to court, and off to jail he goes.

I spoke with GF, she's upset, which I can sympathize with, but I also told her he needs to face the consequences of his actions, and that his H.P. has a much bigger plan than we could ever have for him.

(I get the baby tomorrow for the day...hip hip hooray!)

Freedom1990 03-24-2009 03:14 PM

Yes, HP does indeed have a plan for him.

Please give little moose-let several kisses for me, okay? :)

:ghug :ghug

Ann 03-24-2009 04:35 PM

His HP is much better at this than you or I ever thought of being and I too believe this is all part of a bigger plan. When we can't see what's around the next corner, sometimes we just gotta travel in blind faith.

Your recovery is shining and it's an inspiration to all of us. :hug:

Give Baby Moose a big hug from Auntie Ann and maybe give his mama one too, just because we know hard this must be for her too.

:Val004::Val004:

Impurrfect 03-24-2009 05:03 PM

(((Moose)))

Maybe THIS time he'll "get" it? It might be a little different, missing all those precious "first" milestones in his son's life...who knows?

Fortunately, that baby will be surrounded by lots and lots of love, and his mama is blessed to have you in her life.

As always, I am in awe of your recovery.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

ksh21e 03-24-2009 05:08 PM

Good for you. Stay strong. He's in hot water now, but maybe that's what it will take, huh? None of us can see the Big Picture, and that's probably for the best in the long run. The further away my addict gets, closer I get to my HP. Think maybe there's some connection there? I've often thought maybe that's why these things happen. Anyway, keep on keeping on. :)

bluebelle 03-24-2009 05:10 PM

Moose,
You sound really good. You are a great example to the rest of us--being able to feel peach in such chaos. You have realized that his actions to not determine your happiness. He has gotten a great opportunity to learn from his mistakes. I'm glad that you get to see your beautiful moosebaby tomorrow.

rahsue 03-24-2009 05:56 PM

I glad it worked out the way you know it needed to.
<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>

BBD 03-24-2009 06:03 PM

Hi Moose. I so belive in the HP now and the plan for all our sons. You'll have a great day with that gorgeous new little guy tomorrow. He is so handsome. Maybe this time your son will have some good soul searching moments away while he thinks about his son and the moments he's missing. It's sad but just maybe a wake up call for him.....give the lil guy a hug for me.....smiles, Bonnie

mooselips 03-24-2009 06:51 PM

We can hope that the 4th time's a charm...:)

Anyway, little mooselet is getting little puffy cheeks and I weighed him last week and he's up to 6.5 pounds!

I bought him a rabbit hat, so I'll take some pics tomorrow..while I'm spoiling him silly...

BBD 03-24-2009 07:20 PM

I just love my lil grandangels so here's to a fun-filled day for you. It certainly lifts my spirits to be around them. Have fun! Smiles, Bonnie

greeteachday 03-24-2009 08:49 PM

((((Moose)))))
I think you may be in on HP's plan :) :You_Rock_

Have fun with the little mooselet...can't wait to see pics.