worried mom

Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dslalonde View Post
hey everyone,
I think my world will crash soon. Have a 19 year old addict. haven't seen him in a couple of days, called last night and told me had 2 flat tires. Hit a curb the night before. Just waking up @ 5pm. Come fix it. We told him no.
Was to begin a new job this morning, never called and never showed. He is spirally down and we are losing him. Intervention has been done 2 times since January. Acute care during the holidays. Started using the day he came home. Can't take much more of this guys.
I am sorry to hear of your pain, can only imagine how hard it is when it's someone that was brought into this universe through you. I urge you to go out and get some face to face support, it really does help enormously. You don't have to shoulder this burden alone.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
BBD

I would never want to sound uncaring but what Anvil says up above is absolutely right. I was were you are for many, many months. wHEN MY SON HIT ROCK BOTTON AND PUT HIMSELF INTO REHAB~ i KNEW i HAD TO GET SOME HELP. Alanon, therapy and this site just about saved me from ruining his life. I had no idea how I was getting in the way, helping WAY too much and digging a grave for my son. It's really not that hard to step asaide when you realize the damage your doing. I cried and cried when it finally hit that I could be hurting as much as I thought I was loving. PLEASE do yourself a favor and find a councelor that deals with drugs and get an appointment......It will do you some good to talk to someone who knows whats up face to face. The councelor I had also had 2 kids that were addicts......Their fine today but it sure made me feel super comfortable with her. Big mom hugs, Bonnie
Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all, as i have said before, this is why i am here. Last week, i couldn't imagine turning him out. But you guys, lovingly in my face made me realize that i could not change this, i could not fix it. and today, again, i am getting the support i need. That is exactly what i am considering about my car. this has been the question of the day. I have left a message with where he is to be able to pick up my car, no return call. He has no cell phone, so that was not replaced last week. now the car (it is an extra) will be parked, not fixed until he is either in jail or rehab. I'm sure the next few days will unfold the details. My husband and i both were again at each other last night. He finally admitted he has given up, that he has no more to give him. We both cried. This is so unfair, so useless, so many other hurdles in life. I will always love him, but i will need to see my son free of drugs before i can even like him again. I took the new deadbolts out and placed them on the counter. my husband would not install them, but i will . Thank you all for the support and love, and i will keep you posted.
Susan
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We will be here for all the support and love you need. :ghug :ghug
Old 03-23-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Susan, We will be here with all the support, prayers and hugs that you need. Many of us have walked in your shoes, we know only too well how hard a task it is.
:ghug3
Chris