SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   struggling today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/171941-struggling-today.html)

Serenity Bound 03-17-2009 01:39 PM

struggling today

As many of you know my H lost his job 1/08, we had no back-up $ because we had used it all helping out AD. My H is working again, however not making nearly what he made. There are no positions available in his profession, he'll be 60 next month. We have been bearly squeaking by.

This morning, an auditor came in to my work. I work for a Ford dealership. Now it is not unusual for an audit. However, then 3 more came. They have been here all day. I just asked my boss (actually there are 4....they are brothers) if I have to worry when I go home tonight....his answer was that I'd better worry.

All day I have been saying the "SP" and praying, but my stomach is in such knots.

:a108:

Seren 03-17-2009 01:54 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear it! It must be hard not to "awfulize" right now, but try to think about what you might need to do from here. My hugs and prayers heading your way!
:praying:ghug3

HG

Impurrfect 03-17-2009 02:06 PM

Big hugs and prayers coming your way, sweetie.

:ghug3:Val004:

Amy

bluebelle 03-17-2009 02:07 PM

I'm sending prayers your way.
:praying

JustAYak 03-17-2009 02:51 PM

:hug:
:ghug2

Thoughts goin out to you.

UNHAPPY777 03-17-2009 02:54 PM

Prayers and Hugs

cece1960 03-17-2009 03:05 PM

Prayers being sent...

Serenity Bound 03-17-2009 03:40 PM

Thank you so much for the prayers. It really is hard not to think about tomorrow, and stay in today. I've been there for 15+ years and will soon be 59, ouch!! I'm still praying.

marle 03-17-2009 04:49 PM

I know how you feel as my husband was unemployed from Aug '07 until just recently. We really penny-pinched for a year and then the daughter wanted to go to rehab. We blew through $12000 in savings pretty fast. (Money that was an inheritance from hubby's mother's death.) I don't have any regrets as this will be our last time helping with rehab and I feel that we did everything we could to help her. So sending big hugs and prayers your way that things work out for you. Marle

jan123 03-17-2009 06:41 PM

Equally sending you hugs and prayers.

Jan

Serenity Bound 03-17-2009 06:47 PM

marle, yep it was a small inheritance from my H's father that we spent helping out our AD. hmmmmmmmmm, we do learn don't we :)

Angelic17 03-17-2009 06:59 PM

I know the economy is bad, and everyone is worried about losing jobs, but there's one thing I know. When one door closes, another one opens. Don't worry. It won't change the outcome anyway. America is supposed to be the land of opportunity. I guess it's not anymore. But I doubt we will be homeless and hungry. Hang in there. :hug:

MyJoey 03-17-2009 07:00 PM

I'm sorry Chris, I hope all works out fine. It seems everyone is having a hard time this month. I will be praying and thinking about you. Julie

gotahavfaith 03-17-2009 08:48 PM

My thoughts and prayers going out to you tonite, try to get some rest!
:inbed

Gotahavfaith

Spiritual Seeker 03-17-2009 11:29 PM

Keep us posted.
It must be pretty hard to sell Fords right now.

Serenity Bound 03-18-2009 06:11 AM

Came in this morning, and my boss hugged me & told me he was sorry. He got caught. :wtf: Well, I guess that means the dealership won't be open much longer. So I guess I have to get the resume out, dust it off & update (hmmm 15 yrs of dust)

Not sure what I'm feeling right now............:dunno

Impurrfect 03-18-2009 06:15 AM

awwww, sweetie, I'm sorry. However, don't jump to conclusions just yet. Getting "caught" doesn't necessarily mean the dealership will close...he may just have to pay fines and be able to stay open...stranger things have happened.

I WOULD dust off the resume and start looking, though. Taking care of YOU is always a smart move.

I'll continue sending you lots and lots of hugs and prayers. Keep us posted, okay?

Amy

AquaBlue 03-18-2009 08:11 AM

I'm so sorry, Serenity.
It's definitely tough and strange times for most of us right now.
Hang in there and best wishes to you.

:praying

Serenity Bound 03-18-2009 08:37 AM

I'm making some contacts, will update resume tonight. Been in the auto business (both finance end & dealership end) for more years then I can remember. The thing is....that's my H's background also, and I see what's happening all over. My H went from finance end with financial institute (making good $) to sales. uggg. Now, me.

I'm praying for that other door to open.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.