struggling today

Old 03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm sorry Chris
I wish the best for you
Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Serenity, Remember the old saying? It aint over, until it's over. For now you still have your job. There's nothing wrong with planning for the future, but don't worry. WORRY doesn't change the outcome. It's useless, and no matter what, you will be fine. Sorry about your job, I understand the fear of the unknown. God has something so much better waiting for you.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

keep your head up and keep the faith, things will work out. SR has taught us many things and one of them is to never give up hope.

<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>
Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I take six buses a day. This morning on my first bus ride I prayed for you and your husband.
Just wanted you to know! Hang in there!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yesterday, my boss asked me not to bale on them. Well I don't want to ya know....but a gal has to do what a gal has to do. So I updated the resume and went online to a website my friend told me about (it's for gov't jobs) and applied for 3.

If things straighten out here, that would be Great!...if not, well my HP has a plan. "One day at a time"

Thank you all for your prayers....SR prayers Rock!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenity Bound View Post
I'm making some contacts, will update resume tonight. Been in the auto business (both finance end & dealership end) for more years then I can remember. The thing is....that's my H's background also, and I see what's happening all over. My H went from finance end with financial institute (making good $) to sales. uggg. Now, me.

I'm praying for that other door to open.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.
OOO Chris, I am praying it opens to bigger and better for you. I am thinking about you. Julie
Old 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Julie, thinking of you also. Hoping house arrest isn't going to be house arrest for Mom.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hugs & prayers for you & your husband. keep your faith. maybe your HP. has something in store for you even better.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Chris))))
I'm sorry I missed this earlier and sorry for the lousy news...I do know HP has a plan, though and maybe it is about putting you in something better than you had to make up for hubbies lower paying job.
Great idea looking into the government side...Federal...states can't print their own money, lol so layoffs and furloughs and the like are pretty much the routine today there. The feds are beefing up financial regulation after the big mess, which means lots of hiring...they've been embarassed and don't want to be caught not minding the store really well. So IMO that's an excellent route to pursue.

You aren't baling...you are taking care of you. And if things are bad, the dealership just may not be around so there's no baling when there's no boat. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Greet, You're so right. Can't bail a boat that's not afloat.

Trying to stay busy this weekend, cleaning out the backroom, so my AD can store her furn (left her H) and enjoying time the the grand kids.

AD got her 4 month chip today! YAY!!

one day at a time, tomorrow will be here soon enough, so I'll take care of today.

Thanks everyone.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hope by this time you got good news from your employer! Times are so bad. Here, we're we live, the unemployment rate is 9.6%. It's just a small town primarily for retired people. John has to stay here for 3 years while he does his parole. It's terrible.

Prayers heading your way that things will get better for all.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Dev. Don't know anything yet and I get off in 1/2 hr. The NOT knowing is driving me crazy.