The Lord called his name

Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Maggie I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and may the angels hold you. You are not alone.:praying
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Maggie, that's so well said. I can truly relate. My son, Joey, also survived so many close calls with death before he overdosed last Sept. Joey was involved in a fall off a cliff, a rollover in his car on a mountain, and a plunge into the ocean in his car, and he walked away from them all without a scratch. But when he went back to heroin after 9 yrs of being clean, God said "Enough is enough!"

Love,
Joey's mum
Katy
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

maggie and Katy thank you both for sharing with us.

prayers for comfort and strength for you both
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Maggie & Katy, Hugs & Prayers from this mom to both of you. Your sons are without pain now, and I know that God will walk with you both thru the sorrow and grief.

Chris
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

praying for you,
susan--another mom
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

maggie ... as a mother I can relate to the death of a only child . Im not sure you know my story . Ill try and make it as short as possible , when i was in my 20's I was told it was impossible to ever conceive a child . 20 yrs later with just 2 months of soberity , I found out I was 6 months pregant .. surprise isnt even the half of that feeling , this pass 3-13/09 she would of been 5 yrs of age . tomarrow marks the anniv of her death 5 yrs ago . SHe was 4 days old , full term fully heathy . But inside her body a lil thing was going on that the doc's didnt know as I was not given the B-step ( menigitus prenatal test ) So when I gave her life , I also gave her death . fair ? no its not .. how can after 20 yrs of my life come to terms with the fact of never conceiveing a child and then some how some way end up pregant .. I dont know I dont have the answers , One day maybe I will understand the reasons why . Such a limited time with Sara but what few days of her precious life I had I charish with every ounce of my being . To have never had the chance to given birth would been the crime , But to have had a chance to find out what being a mother was like and feel something that I never in my life time expected . Maggie it does get better we will never forget . how could we ever ? . But I feel wasting energy on the questions of why and how come take away all that precious time we had with our child , We never expect our childern to die before us , Let along at an early age be it 4 days of 30 yrs . Its not in our control . its in someone elses , We just live our lifes the best we can and one day hopingly we will see them again , As a recovering alki , Ive never replased over this and today I wont drink . I will how ever be thinking alot bout what she would of been like , what she would look like , that alone breaks my heart , but its something that I do . I try not and dwell on her lose , I dwell on what it was like to hold her sweet lil body in my arms . and know that shes in the arms of another right now and i know she being taken good care of .
That helps me , I wish you some peace in your heart and mind Maggie . maybe not today but some day soon . with deepest regrets for your loss from one mom to another :ghug3
Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for a such beautiful post:praying
Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks endozer for your post. I am so sorry for what you had to go through. I can't
get this grief under control from the time I wake up intill I go to bed I thank of my son. Doctor put me on medication how is mediction going to stop a person from missing and loving some one? I am truly trying to help myself I have a husband and a grandson to take care of. My grandson is 17 and my son is his dad I know he is hurting and me crying all the time does not help him. He is a good kid has many friends that call a million times a day. He is doing much better than me and his pap.

a friend
Maggiemac
Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Maggiemac,
That was beautiful, you know I am grieving my brother also, all of these men are with God now, your boy and katyrose boy, and my brother, my moms son.
God does love all children.
Thank you for writing this.

hugs to you,
sisterofD
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Maggiemac,
You know I miss my brother so much, I talk about him all the time, I always hope that people dont get tired of it, but I have to do it, sometimes I cry real hard other times I just tear up a little. This was your child its gonna take time, your time is different than everyone elses, so dont be to hard on yourself. I was having a real hard day last week and my hubby ask me if I thought I should go talk with someone, but I just needed to cry and be held.
I am praying for you,

hugs,
sisofD
Old 03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((((((((((((((Maggiemac))))))))))))))))))))
May your son rest in peace.
You miss him...and always will
His time here was brief, but significant
Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Standing by his side

Peace be with you!!!:praying
Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

my love, prayers and hugs to you Maggie
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. As the father of an AS, it brought tears to my eyes.

May you embrace and celebrate the wonder of his life. May there
be prayers and strength to help with the pain.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((maggie))

He will never be gone hun. He still lives in your heart, in your memories. Just as I believe that God is with you, I believe your son is with you also. I believe he sees and knows what you are going through, I believe he wants to comfort you and hold you and tell you how much he loves you, every time I read your posts, I see that vision of a son with his arms wrapped around his mom, giving her his strength and love. Promising that he hasn't left you, he will always be with you. Wrap your arms around yourself Maggie and close your eyes, and feel him.

Sending all my love and prayers.
B
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

You made me cry. I am so sorry. I hope you are healing.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Standing by his side

peace be with you my friend. my heart hurts. :praying