I'm happy

Old 03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm happy

For the first time in many years I can say I'm really OK. I read here daily but don't post as often as when I was lost in my son's addiction. Chris is healthy, happy and working. He calls often and is continually telling Duey and I how sorry he is for putting us through all the pain and saddness we had to face while he was lost in his addiction. I'm just thankful now that he can see the light and hopefully ( I say that because I'm still not quite trusting yet)) he can stay on track. He has been dating a woman that is so nice, centered and directed. He has told her about his past and she just enjoys Chris and is not one bit co-dependant. Thats a good thing cause he has to make his own choices and she isn't there to make life OK for him all the time. I read here daily and do miss the daily connection between you all but for now~~things are coming along. Springs coming, robins are on the lawn and this summer just may be a good one......Thank you all for your support and love, Bonnie
Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My daughter made cupcakes to share at her AA meeting last night (she prefers AA over NA). That seemed to make everyone happy.

It's an amazing feeling to be happy again and I'm glad you have that. Just for today I'm happy, too
Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bonnie, Thanks for sharing your happiness with us. Sometimes we all need that little lift and to know that miracles can and do happen. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bonnie, That's wonderful to know that today you are happy!! We all need a little reminder that miracles do happen.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy for you and your son and I am so glad that he got his miracle.

It just tickles my heart every time I hear happy stories like this. Thanks for sharing your joy and adding to ours.

Hugs