SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Ohhh trick~~ 0t (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/171058-ohhh-trick-0t.html)

Done_With_It 03-06-2009 11:24 AM

Ohhh trick~~ 0t

GUESS WHAT

GUESS WHAT

:c011:

GUESS WHAT

????????

!!!!!!!!!!!

:bday6

SlvrMag 03-06-2009 12:54 PM

Um...it's your birthday? Well... IS IT? AM I RIGHT????

and, whats with the thread title? Ohhh trick?

I'm so confused.

Impurrfect 03-06-2009 01:06 PM

me too...what's up, (((Done))? Is it your birthday? I know it's in March.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Done_With_It 03-06-2009 01:17 PM

OH~ I thought I put it in here,

I musta forgot!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...It/dance-2.gif

It is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!!!!

ON SUNDAY

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ers/abl8hv.gif

and yea it is my bday on Monday also, I think that is why they made it
Dlight savings on the 8th this year, LOL
but I made the post cuz of DLST, not my bday. lol
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...cers/dance.gif

Callie 03-06-2009 01:21 PM

NNNNOOOOOOO, I'm NOT ready for this! I'm tooooo flippin tired to give up an hour! I'm not done with this winter yet and my hibernation. NOOOOO

Happy birthday anyway girl. How old?? ;)

Impurrfect 03-06-2009 01:21 PM

Glad you cleared that up:) Darn, I SHOULD remember your birthday...it's my CLEAN birthday:) That means lots and lots of cake, right??

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Callie 03-06-2009 01:22 PM

TONS of CAKE! WHatever your flavor, with lots of icing! But I still HATE DLST - I need my sleep!

Done_With_It 03-06-2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Impurrfect (Post 2138643)
Glad you cleared that up:) Darn, I SHOULD remember your birthday...it's my CLEAN birthday:) That means lots and lots of cake, right??

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

I know I remember that too! : ]

Callie 03-06-2009 01:51 PM

Genuinely....Happy Birthday DWIT - you deserve it girl! Live like a rockstar outta control - NOT REALLY, but have fun! :)

Ann 03-06-2009 01:52 PM

Well I LOVE Daylight Savings Time,. it means spring is almost here and there is hope for warm weather ahead!!!

I've been sick most of this winter, it seems, so warm weather will also mean the end of colds and flu.

:sun2

And Happy Birthday Monday, Done, you're not getting older....well, yes you are :lmao

And congrats Amy, and thank you for being the wonderful inspiration that you are.

Lenina 03-06-2009 02:14 PM

((((Done with it)))))) Happy Birthday!! Do something fun for yourself!

Love,

Lenina

Done_With_It 03-06-2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ann (Post 2138693)
Well I LOVE Daylight Savings Time,. it means spring is almost here and there is hope for warm weather ahead!!!

I've been sick most of this winter, it seems, so warm weather will also mean the end of colds and flu.

:sun2

And Happy Birthday Monday, Done, you're not getting older....well, yes you are :lmao

And congrats Amy, and thank you for being the wonderful inspiration that you are.

MEEEE TOOON!!!

I LOVE THE BRIGHT SUNN

This would be my version, ha ha

Lots of sickness this year, I hope this is the end of that for all you!

Oh and ANN, I BE GETTING YOUNGER,

I AM

Donjamin Button

PaperDolls 03-06-2009 02:26 PM

Done -- you're a riot! :c011: :lmao

Have a wonderful birthday and an even better DLST.
:bday6

Oh wait, did I say that backwards?

PaperDolls 03-06-2009 02:56 PM

Reason for Daylight Saving Time:
  • To make better use of daylight.
  • Conserve energy
  • Saves lives because people travel home in the light which is safer.
  • Can prevent crime because people do their errands in the daylight which is safer.
  • Contrary to popular belief, it was not created for farmers nor does it benefit farmers.

History of Daylight Saving Time:
  • First thought of by Benjamin Franklin in his 1784 essay, “An Economical Project”.
  • On March 19, 1918, an Act to preserve daylight and provide standard time for the United States was enacted. Daylight Saving Time was set to begin on March 31, 1918 until the end of World War I.
  • It was repealed in 1919.
  • President Roosevelt instituted year-round Daylight Saving Time during World War II. He called it War Time and it lasted from 1942 to 1945.
  • Daylight Saving Time was not a law after 1945 and some locations still used it, which created difficulties for scheduling.
  • The Uniform Time Act of 1966 was signed by President Lyndon Johnson. It had Daylight Saving Time begin on the last Sunday in April and end on the last Sunday in October. States that wanted to be exempt had to pass a State law to do so.
  • During the energy crisis in the 1970’s, President Nixon signed into law, the Daylight Saving Time Energy Act of 1973. This extended Daylight Saving Time to longer periods in an effort to save energy.
  • In 1986 it was amended to start Daylight Saving Time on the first Sunday in April and kept it ending on the last Sunday in October.
  • April 2005 - Starting in April 2006 Indiana will join 47 other states in observing DST.
  • On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed an energy bill that increased Daylight Saving Time from the second Sunday in March, to the first Sunday in November.

Places in the U.S. and it’s Territories That Do Not Participate in Daylight Savings Time:
  • Hawaii
  • Most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana (starting in 2006, Indiana will be observing DST)
  • The state of Arizona except for the Navajo Indian Reservation
  • American Samoa
  • Guam
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands

nogard 03-06-2009 03:10 PM

lol Done :)

Happy Birthday my friend :)

jan123 03-06-2009 07:49 PM

Happy Birthday, Happy Clean Day, I think if I look down I have HAPPY, HAPPY FEET!

greeteachday 03-06-2009 08:18 PM

Happy
Happy
Joy
Joy!!!

Happy early birthday
Happy early clean birthday Amy
And happy happy joy joy Daylight Savings Time!!! I love the sunlight...I'm so ready for living outside again (well almost...sometimes gotta be in the house or stinkin' work, lol)

And Done, I love Ren and Stimpy and the Happy Happy Joy Joy Song. I haven't thought of it in years, thanks for putting it here (and fast motions my fav too, lol) I used to watch R&S with Kristen when she was little...she always had her mom's slightly off-kilter sense of humor
:)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...2738240872.gif

bluebelle 03-06-2009 09:24 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! Do you have anything planned?

I hate Daylight Savings Time because I'm already not a morning person. Ugh!

SlvrMag 03-07-2009 12:34 PM

Happy Birthday! And I too love DLST. I like to Spring Forward, but hate to Fall Back. Well, it doesn't affect me now that I live in Arizona...

Done_With_It 03-08-2009 11:47 AM

Don't forget today is the day!!!!!!!

TRICK!! : ]