Trying to cope...

Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Jason so sorry for for what your going through. Try to just take things one day at a time. Sending prayers an hugs your way.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

:ghug Speedy Jay
Old 03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

bump
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Jason,

Just checkin' in to offer support. I hope that your living arrangements will work out! I know this must be a frightening and confusing and chaotic time for you right now. Just remember that the pain and the clouds will pass. You ARE on your way to an amazing new life!!!

Hugs, HG
Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Please let us all know what was decided Jason. We all care about you so much here.
You are such a good friend to think about how this could affect your friend's relationship with their parent. Hopefully, they will understand that when a teen lives with an addicted parent that their odds of using are so much greater.

Try to remember the good things about your Dad - those bad times are over but your love for him was real even if he wasnt capable of living a responsible life. Be patient with yourself - take things slowly for a while.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Jason, So much change, so soon, I'm sure it's very difficult for you. Just want you to know that I'm praying for you.
:praying
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Serenity Bound View Post
Jason, So much change, so soon, I'm sure it's very difficult for you.
Not "very." More like incredibly, horribly..awfully difficult. My dad died less than a week ago and already I have to be moved, pack up stuff, try to get it together, tell two sets of parents that I use and that my dad used and that he died, and make my mom understand that I'm not a total fxck up. I was listening to the song "Long Day" by Matchbox Twenty and that's exactly how I feel right now. I can't get myself to go away. I am far beyond stressed out...

By the way, have not gotten a yes or no from my friend. Should be soon though.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((Jason)) - I saw your post on your other thread, so sending you hugs on this one, too.

:ghug:ghug3

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Lemme add a couple more things to the list up there..
-I have to move to Michigan
-I have to transfer schools
-I have to graduate there without my friends
-I have to live with my mom now and figure out how to deal with her whole family that lives in a 45 minute radius of her house.

In case you have not guessed, it was a no.
The only positives I can see right now is that I get to have my dog and I can break the bonds between me and the people I know who use.

Fxck.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

(((Jason))) - I'm so sorry, sweetie. I wish I had some great words of advice, but right now, I don't. Heck, I'd just rather come to wherever you are and take care of ya, and let you finish school, but I can't.

Just know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You're in a LOT of people's prayers, hon, and that can be pretty powerful.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
-I have to live with my mom now and figure out how to deal with her whole family that lives in a 45 minute radius of her house.
Invite all of them to start a 12 step program and stay out of yours.

I know you're feeling like crap and I would be too. I tried to put myself in your shoes and that snarky suggestion was the first thing that popped in my mind.

I hate all of this for you Jason. I'm 45 and all the changes you're dealing with would challenge and frustrate me, too.

Sending you hugs and prayers.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Jason, I am so sorry. I know it's not the solution that you wanted, however I believe HP has your best interests in mind. There may a silver lining yet. One thing that comes to mind is that you will be able to renew your relationship with your sister. You will be 18 soon, and finish school soon. Then you can make your own decisions. Until then, you can only do the best you can to adjust. I hope you will stay around SR & find NA meetings in Mi. Keep doing what you're doing "one day at a time"

More prayers coming your way.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Jason,

Chris is right stick with the meetings and posting here. Give yourself time to adjust, this really could be a good thing Jason. I know you don't feel close with your mother, but that could all change. I am sorry that things didn't go as you wanted, but don't jump to the conclusion this is the worst thing that could happen. There maybe great things waiting for you and you may like your mother side of the family. Sorry you have to go through all this Jason, just keep in mind you only have a short time till your 18 and off to collage.....I know your so sick of hearing that. ((((hugs))))
Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hugs for you. I hope your trip goes well.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
The only positives I can see right now is that I get to have my dog and I can break the bonds between me and the people I know who use.
Try to concentrate on this Jason...the positives.
I know you are hurting. SO much had happened.
But this is the beginning of a new life. You can be everything and anything you want to be, starting now.
Its all about you now Jason, even if it doesn't feel that way.
This isn't about your Mom's family, they are unimportant right now.
You ARE important, and are in my prayers
(((Hugs)))
Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Jason)))))
Been thinking about you a lot and sending lots of positive thoughts and energy and prayers as you move to the next steps in your life. Hang onto those positives...focus on them...it helps melt some of the negatives your feel surrounded with. Hugs
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I feel like everything God has done with me/for me/to me, whatever the hell it is, is all torture. There better be something good coming fast because I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My life seems so hopeless right now..
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Jason,
The first time I read one of your posts, your father was passed out in the room near you and you were fearing he would overdose. There were so many things wrong with the way you were having to live; the environment, your friends who use, that apartment, and the separation from your mom and sister. Entirely unhealthy. You saw this then and knew then that something had to give.

It is not the nature of God to torture. To test, yes. To tortue, no. God DOES hear you, baby. This may not be what you see as the best turn for your path to take, but God knows what we need long before we ever do.

Sometimes we look up and pray for something we want or believe we need more than anything. Sometimes the answer back is "No" not because God wants to reject you but because He knows if you have more to the life lesson to learn and knows how to make you whole again.

Please have faith. Please try to stay hopeful. We're all thinking of you!

Peace.

Alice
Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Jason,

I have been away from my computer for a few weeks...

I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry for your loss, and that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Jason.... Know that you are loved. I am sure it feels like torture right now, but I believe everything happens for a reason. You don't deserve to be in so much pain, but do know that life IS and can be good. One day at a time, hon.

I have an 18 year old son, sr. in high school just like you... my heart aches for you. Know that there are many of us who care... take care of you and try to see the good in each day.