Good News!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Good News!

*does the happy dance of joy!*

I just heard from the social worker here and our home study has been approved! Now we just have to wait on the other end to get their poop in a scoop so we can finally get the boys! I am SO glad that this call came today. I got an email yesterday about some of the learning disadvantages that my oldest nephew is up against, and it really had me chewing my fingernails down! We've a long road ahead of us, but thankfully this part of the journey is almost at an end!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Sunflowers)))

That is fantastic!!! The boys are so lucky to have you!! Yes, you have a long road ahead of you, but I think the journey will be well worth it!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great news (((Sf)))
All long roads start with that first step!
(((Hugs)))
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WOW

Now that is GREAT news!!!!!!!!

How wonderful!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you, although I realize that now the 'work' really begins, the boys will at last be with loving and caring family and will be able to grow in a healthy environment.

Love and hugs,
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you and the children. Are they in a foster home right now?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blessed kids to have such a caring auntie and uncle on their side. So glad to hear things are on track for all of you and thank you for giving the boys a stable loving home.

((hugs)))
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, they've been in foster care since October. This is the first glimmer of hope that we've had of getting them back with family. If all goes well, and the social worker is able to get things moved along quickly we should have them within the next week or so. It's 11 hours of driving one way, but I would do whatever I had to just to get the boys home!

Hopefully the social worker will be able to arrange all the things that need to be done soon. My husband is getting ready to deploy, and this would be a lot easier to get finished before he leaves! Even if we don't manage it before he deploys I am sure that we will be fine. It's not full custody yet, but once the adjudication hearing is over at the end of March, the social worker is certain that my sister's parental rights will be terminated.

Once parental rights are terminated we are going to seek full custody, and adopt the boys, most likely. Barring an issue with the judge considering leaving their parental rights intact this shouldn't be an issue.