SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Nine months heroin free (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/170404-nine-months-heroin-free.html)

marle 02-26-2009 01:54 PM

Nine months heroin free

My daughter has 9 months free of heroin. She had a couple slips with alcohol back in October but has been free of that since. She is leaving Sunday for Miami Beach, all paid by her and her boyfriend. She continues to make 2 to 3 meetings a week, depending on her work schedule. I continue to live one day at a time, keep to my side of the street and know that there are no guarantees in this life. Today she has a roof over her head, a job, a relationship with us and her precious Chihuahua, and she has been accepted back in college and is applying for scholarships (a hard one for her to do as she is basically shy and needs to ask people for letters of recommendation). She is cleaning up past debts and saving for a car. The most important lesson that I have learned is that no matter what her future brings, it IS possible for her to be clean when she IS willing to do the work. Hugs, Marle

k1a2t3h4r5y6n7 02-26-2009 01:55 PM

:c011:

AquaBlue 02-26-2009 01:59 PM

That is great and encouraging news for us whose kids aren't quite there yet. I appreciate these reminders that their path is their path... Thank you for the update and congratulations to your daughter for all her hard work! Hugs to you!

Seren 02-26-2009 02:00 PM

:c011::Val004:
HG

grateful2b 02-26-2009 02:03 PM

Marle, congratulations to you both!
I am so happy to hear how well she is doing in her life right now, and yes, all because she chose to pony up and do the work, many blessings to her:hug:
and to you, for having the heart, faith, and the wisdom to do the right, hard things...
what an inspiration for us all...

Impurrfect 02-26-2009 02:04 PM

(((Marle))) and (((Megan)))

Your post has brought a huge smile to my face!!! Megan has done so well, but then she has an awesome role model, in you:)

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

cece1960 02-26-2009 02:49 PM

GREAT!!!
I really admire how patient Petey has been through this whole ordeal lol
Seriously, this really is great news (((Marle)))

peaceteach 02-26-2009 03:01 PM

Marle,

I'm so happy for your daughter. She has found that life is worth living again. How blessed you must feel, even at just one day at a time. Enjoy this moment, Marle!

serenityqueen 02-26-2009 03:10 PM

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j.../miracle1a.gif

Marle, I can only imagine the pride that you are feeling towards your daughter. As parents, we are always proud of our kids, their accomplishments and wise decisions.

I've read many of your posts and you seem to have done a great deal of work on yourself as well, realizing that there is only so much you can do for her and when you have to step aside and let her do the rest.

God Bless You Both
Judy

Serenity Bound 02-26-2009 03:23 PM

BRAVO!! to both of you. That indeed is wonderful news. Thank you for the update and the encouragement.

MyJoey 02-26-2009 04:15 PM

Congratulation to you both. It is so wonderful to come here and read good news and tonight we have a double dose to be thankful for, your daughter and hurting dad's son..... I just love this place. (((hugs)))

Callie 02-26-2009 04:23 PM

Yeah Marle and Megan! Congrats to you both!

Alaia 02-26-2009 04:26 PM

That's awesome news! Congrats Marle and Megan :c011:

havehope 02-26-2009 04:38 PM

Congrats to the both of you!!!

:c011:

I know this has been a long journey for the both of you. You have set a very good example on this board! Thanks!

I am still waiting for my daughter to "want it" so it will happen. I know that it can happen, but she has to want it; I can't do it for her.

Thanks for your post! Give yourself a pat on the back for your growth through all of this!

HUGS

Ann 02-26-2009 04:57 PM

I love good news like this. Good for her and good for you too, Marle, this hasn't been a picnic for you but your recovery just shines through no matter what.

Miracles DO happen and it just tickles my heart everytime I see one right here at SR.

Hugs

outtolunch 02-26-2009 05:09 PM

9 months and she has been reborn.

Just good to hear.

BBD 02-26-2009 07:14 PM

Its wonderful to stop by and read some good news. Takes time but hopefully all our addicts wake up and end up like Megan....tell her to have fun on her vacation. She deserves it....hugs, Bonnie

blue pansy 02-26-2009 07:38 PM

:funjump:

Marle
What wonderful news.
I know it's hasn't been easy for either one of you, but

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To both of you, I know just how hard it is to stay on your own side of the street.
blue

Hangin' In 02-26-2009 08:08 PM

So very proud of your daughter and her willingness to do what it takes.
We both know that is the ticket...the willingness to work those steps and apply them to our lives.

Congrats to her and to you because I know you have been a big part of her recovery by being strong enough to let her find her own way.

Hugs,
Hangin' In

greeteachday 02-26-2009 08:14 PM

You and Megan have both done amazing things in your recoveries! I know it feels good to have your daughter back and I know that you have a solid recovery and are living life to its fullest one day at a time. Hugs