Son is out...

Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He, he.

We have a little joke in Alanon: How can you tell if an addict is lying? His lips are moving.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Aqua, I'm so glad you have f2f support. Also, super good that both you & your H are on the same page.

Hugs,
Chris

soj....Love that joke. hehe
Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Aqua. You are doing what is best for your son. I don't have any similar stories to tell yet. My Ad daughter has yet to be involved in legal issues although I can see it happening if she continues down this path of addictive destruction. Hopefully, your son and my daughter will feel the pain of their addiction and the behaviors that result and choose recovery.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Addiction is a full time job

Aqua, my heart goes out to you. I know the feeling of having to put my addict child out. It hurts so bad, and I also know the fright of not knowing where he is and what he is doing, and if he is alright. I am sorry for what your going through, for I know it first hand. My advice. Go to Naranon, and if you can't get out, go to Naranon on line, I think sober recovery site might have a Naranon. (not sure) about that though. The thing is when you stop enabling them to stay high, they eventually feel the consequences of their actions, and decide to clean up. Pray that he gets sick and tired. There is so much help for addiction, but the addict has to want it. Good Luck, and Bless... Joey