Today!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

keep the faith, moosie... and that's what having recovery friends means. We will hold the light for you when you can't do it yourself.

BIG HUGS
Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Ahh Moose don't give up hope. Things will be better I promise you. I just know that that sweet girl will never keep you out of baby Aiden's life. Good grandma's are really hard to find you know!!

You just hang in there sweetie, I'm sending more prayers to you, your son, gf, and baby.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-16-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

No, she did reassure me that I would always be Aiden's grandmom, so I'm not too worried about that.

I just feel SOOOOO sorry for the girl for even getting caught up with that $#%@#$% AS of mine.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congrats, on such a beautiful boy! -- his lips are so gorgeous.. What a blessing - thank goodness he has a responsible Mom and loving grandparents. -- think of all the great books you can read to him.. even tho your son's behavior is dissappointing to say the least, focus on all the positive blessings and joy his birth has given not only to you -- but this whole forum! He's a Cutie..
Best wishes..
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
BBD

OMG Moose, He is the most adorable baby. I've missed all this thread since Aiden was born....what a doll. Enjoy and I'm sure your having a ball with him..Smiles, Bonnie
Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I saw him today for a bit.

He was fussy for his mama, and she gave him to me to hold, and he recognizes my voice, it's so sweet!

It's heartbreaking to witness something so special as a newborn baby, and at the same time, ghastly to watch someone not appreciate that gift of life.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Enjoy the blessings, Moose, and let God take care of the rest.

We can love them, we can pray for them, we can encourage them and cheer them on when they make good choices...but we just can't fix them, recovery is a do-it-yourself job.

More Hugs 'cause you deserve a thousand
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
cmc

Moosie...I'm so thrilled about your georgeous new grandson and that he has such a good mama. I'm hoping & praying that his daddy will get his act together, the sooner the better.
hugs & congrats to Granny Moose!
God bless little Aiden!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

So sorry to hear about your son, but thankful that little Aiden has a recovery-filled grandma. We both know the drill and how hard it is to carry it out. But I think you did very good, giving this young mom 2 great books that hopefully she will read. You just never know when she might pick them up and read exactly what she needs to hear.

In the meantime, I am so thankful she's including you in Aiden's life. What a blessing you will be to that little life.

And I'm keeping your AS in my prayers, praying that the light will come on. We just never know, Moose, what their path is. But I have to trust that their HP is in control and is working in their lives to get them to a better place.

Hugs to you and Aiden...oh, those precious little lips...(Aiden's...not yours. ),

Hangin' In
Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Got up REAL early today, and picked up GF, (and baby..) and dropped her off for her 1 hour college class.
Then me and Aiden went on over to my moms for an hour.
Then I took GF to breakfast.

She has already started reading Melody, and can see some similarities.

She's a smart girl.

NOW, she was accepted into a college about 2 hours away from here, and would need to go the middle of August. Sprout cannot go with her, so she are thinking things through.

There is another junior college, Baldwin Wallace, real close to us, and it has a specific program for single moms, your baby, child, can dorm with you. Then he/she goes to daycare during the time you have classes.

Hugs...
It's all going to be fine, because I'm not orchestrating anyones life but my own.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

awww, (((Moose))) I'm sorry you're son is acting out his addict side. However, it seems baby's mama has learned a lot from YOU, already, in getting herself and Aiden out of his way.

I'm glad you are getting to spend time with her and Aiden. It seems to be what all 3 of you need. Your son will have to figure things out on his own. We A's can be so darned hard-headed, and he's obviously got a few more lessons he needs to learn.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Moose, It certainly sounds like GF has a good head on her shoulders and a wonderful roll model (You!) Through all the ups & downs, chaos, and such, my grand-daughters are the blessing that keeps me going. Aiden is your blessing.

Sending prayers for all of you.
Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
It's all going to be fine, because I'm not orchestrating anyones life but my own.
You Betcha!!