Got the protection order

Old 02-25-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got the protection order

Hooray. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Now he should be served any time now.

He called me yesterday during day light hours from a number I didn't recognize. Surprise, surprise, it was him. We chatted. He wanted to hang out and talk "like adults." He expressed how sorry he was and how badly he wants to make it up. How he's been going to meetings and staying clean. (You guys know I'm not buying this B.S., right?) He goes on to say, how he could have his mom watch the boys and we go out for a FEW DRINKS. :wtf2

Someone hand me a gun.

I call him out on how ridiculous that is, how it completely undermines the whole going to meetings crap. He proceeds to call me psycho. Wonderful. I explained in my grown up calm voice, that he has caused so much destruction, pain, debt, do to giving in to a few drinks, which leads to crack, heroin, whores, la la la.

It gets better... He tells me that all I do is play the victim and he's the victim. He has a disease....I had to hang up.

I changed my phone number. That took a good hour on the phone with Verizon. Blah. The divorce will be final in less than a week. I've got all my ducks in a row.

What a moron. Coming here and hearing similar RIDICULOUS stories, really makes me step back and realize how stupid my own situation is and to RUN from this man.

Thanks guys,
Maelynn:ghug
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anvil -

Girl you crack me up! Uzbekistan??? Ahhhhh!!!!!! TOTALLY. Now hand me that frying pan! lol
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

from my kitchen to yours..........good job and best of luck!!!!

Pamm
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm dying here! lololol

DANG Katz that's the mother of all frying pans!!! LOOOVE IT!

Thank you!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nothing works better than a good old cast iron skillet for . . . . . . . . frying chicken of course!

I once bought one for a friend that was getting married, and as I was buying it I remember thinking to myself, she may need this someday to whack the $h*t out of hubby to be! I even told her later, long after the wedding, the pan was not really for frying in!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my father told me that he tried to hit my mother one time when they were newlyweds (and he was still stupid) - she threw her skillet across the room and hit him - he never never lifted a hand towards her again and they've been married for 50 years. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh geeze, here's another codie turned hard assed! (totally kidding!) You'll be camping out with Anvil and Freedom and Cynical and HK and the other hard a$$es pretty soon! Congrats girl, I admire your strength. You're on a roll!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good going!!! Really just be careful, I am afraid when he knows it really is over (Ok when it gets to his brain) and there is no chance he could get pretty ugly. The protection of abuse is great, but it takes time for the police to get there...you may want to invest in a stun gun or something to protect yourself. I really worry when someone is on heavy drugs, you just never know where the drugs will take them. Very proud of you, a new role model!!!

Callie, You will get there, I have a feeling (could be wrong) you are pretty young. Some of this "I have had enough" comes with age and a wisdom of knowing when things will not change. It also come with a bitterness of knowing you have deserved better.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My lesson came with boiling mac and cheese, homemade of course.......my ex thought it would be funny to bust down the kitchen door,I was standing right in frount of it my parents and brothers in another room so I had a big pot of it. I was getting ready to pour it into a baking dish, I make mine like lasagna, the door came crashing in I didnt think twice he wore the pot and all in his face, by the time the police got there my brothers had finally pulled me off of him, I had had enough.By taking him off gard even for that moment gave me the much needed venting I so desperately needed.....He is still in prison to this day...he had a gun in his pants......he had only one thing in his mind and that was to kill me, he didnt know my parents or brothers were there.....I am so grateful the legal system was available for me.......that man will NEVER forget me or the a** kickin he got from a mear 26 y ear old girl......everyday he looks into the mirror he will remember me..........and the fact he should of walked away from drugs before they had gotten the best of him.......Damn dont think I have ever shared that one here....maybe after so many years I can kind of relate to you and how you are feeling right now, my Ex was a cop he tracked me everywhere I went, thus why he is still in prison.....I am thankful that I have my health and the security of a man who truely loves me and would never hurt me........that my friends is growth of form and spirit...........

Love and Hugs,
Pamm
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Callie -

"MyJoey" is so right. I think you're going to get there sooner than you think. I was dragged through h*ll and back and when I came here....literally within a day, I was able to read, receive feed back, and I consulted an attorney for divorce.

It was that mind changing for me. I filed. I'm in the process of waiting 20 days for an "Answer" and then proceedings. It doesn't look like he can or will respond. March 3rd I will be divorced.

I came here everyday to check up and read and gain support. I've decided in the 3 years leading up to this, had I never found this site, there IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I would've filed. I was under complete control.

The fog has lifted.

Hang in there girl. I love you!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

MyJoey -

BTW GREAT NAME! This guy does scare me. He has done several nights in jail for domestic violence to me. Something I haven't written about.

But I'm parking in the garage. I have a yippy little dog that I got 2 weeks ago and looooves to bark and a stumbling bumbling addict would be entertainment for her. One bark and I'm calling 911. No joke at this point. PLUS Katz gave me her frying pan. I'm good.

I love you!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dang Katz -

That gave me chills, about the gun. OMG. You've been through some stuff. But you made it out better than ever.

Hey come over to my house and show me how to fix homemade mac n cheese!!!!

Love you. Thanks for the support!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love to hear a woman taking back her life...congrats to you girl...i'm going into month 3 free of my "recovering" addict b/f, and life has never been better! Freedom is so....freeing!
Love,
KJ
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey girl how are ya this morning hope all is going well!!!!!

Love ya
Pamm
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
scorpgrl1978

So proud of you, bognots! I'm in the same boat as you, just tired of all the BS, no more answering calls, etc etc. My sister-in-law (whom I'm still friends with, she's a great person) is totally 100% clean, sober, and on my side. She just got back from being deployed overseas. My ex-AH and their mother are addicts and are currently living together. She said that she spoke to her mother on the phone and said that my ex-AH has lost it and has become violent towards her, saying that it is her fault he is so f'ed up; and he's also freaking out about losing us (me and the kids) Thank god he lives in a different state and doesn't have a vehicle right now. He's also about to go back to prison; if he were still here in the same state with a truck I would have gotten a restraining order as well (maybe I still should??)
Anyway, kudos to you.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Old 02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yes, racaple if in any doubt, take all precautions, change the locks and get the restraining order. It certainly can't hurt and may give you some more peace of mind!

love,
KJ
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I agree with KJ!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey there bog,

GOOD FOR YOU HON!!!! I FELT LIBERATED INSIDE HEARING YOUR STORY- especially the part about 'hand me a gun' lol lol lol

I want a piece of that stregth - to never get sucked back in...

you have a great sense of humor, and inspire me.
Love,
Cessy
Old 02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

where ya at girl........havent heard from ya in a bit......hope your ok

Love,
Pamm