A nice visit at rehab

Old 02-23-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

yeah, the funny thing is, his old music is all about dope and gang banging. THEN he got caught with the guns (consequence). All his money, mansion, fancy cars and everything else can't get him out of going to jail for a year.

My niece, Brit, just loves him. His latest song is "dead and gone", talking about the "old him" his gone, and the "new him" thinks twice before he does anything. I had one of the kids at work listen to it, and he said "wow...that's really cool...that makes sense". Now he's got it on his phone as a ring tone.

I just think it's neat that someone these young kids think is so cool, and they really look up to, is trying to point them in the right direction. He doesn't preach, and he basically does what we do here...he's using his ES&H, but in a way the kids can relate to.

Now, I really, really have to go to work

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Winnie, so happy for you and your AS. It makes it so much easier to lay your head down at night when you know they're safe and into their recovery.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

beautiful... i hope this is his time.prayers for u & him. i am glad your visit went to good.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post

He seems to be accepting it. He's started making friends with one of his roommates and that seems to be helping a lot.
Just like at summer camp, eh?

( The mama in me still has a pair of rose colored glasses, stashed somewhere)
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Winnie, I am so happy he found someone to talk to and he is willing to stay in rehab. I know it has to make you feel better that he is feeling more comfortable with his surroundings (remember we are not that different. Smile) Hugs & Tears