OT Prayers for My MIL

Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

OT Prayers for My MIL

My mother in law is having brain surgery in a few weeks for an aneurysm.. We have known this was coming for awhile because they have been monitoring it for about 6 months now.. Scary Scary Stuff...

My MIL is more then just a mother in law to me, I love her like I do my own mother.

My AH has been clean for about 120 days.. yesterday, when he found out the surgery was scheduled he went straight to a meeting because he told me that he just felt like getting high.. Good for him.. I just can't worry about him or whether it will mess his sobriety up or not.. I have given that to my HP.. I mean there will be many more times when is sobriety will be tested.. thats just the reality of life.

Please pray for my family during this really stressful time.. the Dr's are very optimistic and so is my MIL.. but still.. this isn't like going in for a small simple procedure..
Old 02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:praying for your entire family.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:praying :praying :praying
Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She definitely has prayers coming from the zoo crew household in Kansas! :praying
Old 02-21-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

I will be praying for your MIL. I know how scary surgery can be. I had open heart about 12yrs ago & I was scared to death. Even though I have faith & trust it still was a scary thing to go through. My HP pulled me through & I am sure your MIL's will too.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers.
My father had brain surgery for a tumor about 15 years ago. I had another friend who had brain surgery for an annurism a couple of years ago. both came back and are living normal lives. Medical science is so advanced in this area so please try to have faith in the doctors skill.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about your MIL. I felt the same way about mine, God rest her soul. Sending prayers that your MIL comes through the surgery just fine. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

Hugs and prayers coming your way jerect. My nephew is in Med school and just watched brain surgery the other day and things went just fine. Its amazing what is available now to keep everyone alive and after recup~~healthy. Try to stay calm for your MIL....she needs support now and I'm praying your hubby does well also......Smiles, Bonnie
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many prayers for your MIL, your husband and for you Jerect. Just the waiting is so hard...hard not to let fear build. I know you will use your recovery tools here as you do other aspects of your life.
How kind of you to bring this here. SR prayers are very powerful.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Sending prayers your way. I also prayed for your MIL, her family and the medical professionals that will be involved in her surgery and recovery. :praying
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. :praying

Been through this with with my father several years ago, and later my aunt and a cousin. The rate of success for this type of surgery has so much improved over the last several years, they are able to do incredible things with medical science.

FYI - Doctor told my brother and me that the type of aneurysm that my father had is hereditary. The aunt and cousin that also had one are from my father's side of the family. There are different types, and not all are hereditary though.

I will be praying for you and your family.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

prayers going up for your m.i.l ,for you & your husband. hugs,
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Jerect)))

Many, many prayers for your MIL and your family. I used to work in a neuro ICU and I know that this is a pretty scary surgery, when it's being done on someone you love.

I'm glad your RAH chose to go to a meeting, rather than the alternative.

Please keep us posted.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy