Lies, anyone?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lies, anyone?

Ok, I've posted several times today. I'm usually too busy to post, but I have a little time to vent, reply, post, etc.

I was thinking about some of the most random DUMB lies that I've been told.

There was this one time where my AH told me a funny magnificent story about being on an airplane traveling to Chicago. Where John Elway was also a passenger. (he's a retired football player here in Denver). So there was Elway in 1st class. He farted and nearly turned every passenger green. lol As silly as the story. It's totally false. He's been on MAYBE 3 flights in his life.

What was the purpose of that lie. It wasn't about hiding money, addiction, cheating...it was made up.

Any similar lies? Like no reason at all? Just dumb lies. I have a crap ton more, but that one takes the cake. I mean there were details involved.

Ok, time to fake sanity and run to the store for diapers and groceries.

Love,
Maelynn
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lies?

Don't get me started.... Addicts lie for the sake of misleading people. It is part and parcel of their M.O. They want to confuse us so we can never figure out what the truth is.

I finally began to wonder, who is really more foolish, the person telling the ridiculous lies, or me for even wasting my time listening to them.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Kitty-

You my dear are a smart cookie. I feel like I'm in the eye of the storm. Swirling in chaos. Trying to make sense, back tracking from beginning to end.

Just trying to poke fun at the addict that has flipped our worlds completely upside down. Our worlds will never be the same. As adults, of course certain innocence is lost. Now I feel, I'm entering "bitter." I hate that. I hate that I will immediately judge new friends and perhaps several decades from now when I am ready to have a relationship, I will mentally take that person apart and look for traits and not fully open up. Always on guard. Starting with DUMB A$$ LIES.

I thank you so much for your response. I adore your prior response to a different thread. You really are smart, clear and real.

Love,
Maelynn
Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not smart. I'm just farther along in my dealings with an addict. And I've been burned bad. And I still get taken on a daily basis. I'm definitely bitter. I'll probably never trust a man again. But I'm sure glad I have this website to set me straight. The people here are usually right on.

I've moved on from thinking the things my ex did were sort of funny to just thinking he is a pathetic person and a waste of air on this planet. Poor guy. Even if he recovers. He'll never be able to live down the lies that he told me and others. No one will ever trust him again.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Miss Kitty-

I just noticed that you're in Seattle. 3 years ago my husband went there for rehab. An expensive experience. In I believe Kirkland. The clinic is called Milam. Many back and forth flights. I was born in Tacoma and have family through out Washington.

That's a little off the beaten trail. But, I do agree. I'm lying if I say I'm not bitter. I'm bitter, mad, destroyed and I feel like I was robbed of a life I worked so hard to have....and hold onto.

I KNOW I'm divorcing him. But apparently if I was whole I wouldn't come here for support. The pain doesn't stop does it? I will divorce him, but I NEED help. I need to interact with others going through this. I need a safe place to pour out my soul and run away from to get coffee, or let the dog out, or change a diaper.

Where was I again. Who knows. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((hugs))) yeah. I've heard of Milam. They do a lot of advertising... I think you are wrong though. The pain does stop. You will feel better. I'm an action oriented person. As long as I am doing something and working towards some goal I feel better. Men... I've given up on. But as far as my life goes... I'm just getting started.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((bognot))
For me it has gotten better (not perfect) but definately better.

Now lies..
How is this one for you?
My ex told people, I had remarried him! We were all living together, one big happy family. (not):wtf2
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

My dad once told me while he was high that he had gotten his drugs from one of his old cop buddies. First of all, if he knows any cops, it's only because he's been arrested too many times, and second of all, getting drugs from a cop? Hmmm...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't have many lies to tell but one that immediately springs to mind is when my ABF called me one morning (after getting totally drunk the night before) and told me he had been out all day and night with friends drinking and didn't use ANY COKE!!
I was pleased he managed to stay off them and told him i was proud he didn't take any coke that night.
Later that day he says he's proud of himself cause he only took a 'couple of lines' at his friends house then another 'couple of lines' at his other friends house... and that was IT!!
To him, that was not using.

I should have known really.
*rolls eyes*

~Limiya~
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ARGH, the lies . . . my AS has told some interesting ones. I have a hard time thinking of them, I think I immediately block out crap within a day - living in denial, trying to protect myself, who knows . . . but I'm working on my recovery so hopefully I'll get better!

My AS has told detailed lies about jobs he claims to have and how the work is each day and about coworkers . . . he hasn't even had the job!!! WTH??? Freak.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My abf's mother said that her son could write an encyclopedia of lies. I agree.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My daughter used to tell people she had an older brother, away at school.

Why?

My own theory is that they have absolutely nothing else to talk about so they make it up and it's good practice for the really big lies.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

my abf told me once- after not being home when he said he would be.... cause he was partying that.....

he was at "bowlarama" LOL LOL LOL.... (even the jerk he is started laughing at his own lie after he said it-)

just a humor response to what is usually a tough / hurtful thing to deal with.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ok. how bout these lies.

I'll be there in 15 minutes (and not showing up for 3 days).

I didn't sleep with her. (and I found them in bed together)
OK. I did SLEEP with her. But we didnt have sex. (naked)

I'm working under cover for the police on a drug bust.

You are the most important thing to me.

I'm going to change for you.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Bognot... nice to meet you!

How about....

Do you need anything from the store? I'm going for cigarettes.....
(shows up 3-4 days later)

He says, I swear I had the $100 bill in my wallet... I was standing on the side of the road, pulled it out of my wallet, and the wind blew it away.

I go home at lunch one day, there is the drug dealer sitting on my couch while
my AH is cooking HIM lunch. (according to AH he just stopped by to talk...
no drugs involved... yeah right buddy!)
Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I saw my son's myspace page one time. He was telling someone that the reason he couldnt stay out of trouble was because i was a junkie (i dont even hardly drink much less use). He said he was trying to get the judge to let him live with his dad so he could stay clean (his dad's an alcoholic who also uses drugs and admittedly uses in front of him). He also told this friend that he had swiped some really good green from my bedroom closet. He went so far as to talk about how great the pot I get is and where my stash place was (which is actually where i hide my little debbie snack cakes - i dont know maybe he was smoking creamy chocolate cakes and thought it was pot). I was just floored by it all. He denies it to this day.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bognot1977 View Post
Ok, I've posted several times today. I'm usually too busy to post, but I have a little time to vent, reply, post, etc.

I was thinking about some of the most random DUMB lies that I've been told.

There was this one time where my AH told me a funny magnificent story about being on an airplane traveling to Chicago. Where John Elway was also a passenger. (he's a retired football player here in Denver). So there was Elway in 1st class. He farted and nearly turned every passenger green. lol As silly as the story. It's totally false. He's been on MAYBE 3 flights in his life.

What was the purpose of that lie. It wasn't about hiding money, addiction, cheating...it was made up.

Any similar lies? Like no reason at all? Just dumb lies. I have a crap ton more, but that one takes the cake. I mean there were details involved.

Ok, time to fake sanity and run to the store for diapers and groceries.

Love,
Maelynn
Sounds like your husband is a bit of a bs'er, have known at least one person like that in my life, may or may not have anything to do with covering up drinking/using by lying. But my friend has told me some whoppers, the most memorable was telling me that after a night of smoking crack she was babysitting her friends daughter, the friends mother had a heart attack!

Being foolishly codependent, I called the local hospital, several in fact, and voila! they had no patient registered under that name.

When confronted later that evening, the story changed that the mother had actually died-from the heart attack, apparently, hence the inability to locate her in the area hospitals.

I really didn't believe any of it at the time, just hated being lied to, you get to the point where you don't know if you should laugh or weep. Have decided that someone in their right mind wouldn't lie like that, and it's no reflection whatsoever on my character or intelligence, simply something that addicts do.

In the end, she 'fessed up, but it has finally gotten to the point where I really don't trust this person, and it would take a lot to regain my trust.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My husband went on a drug binge for 24 hrs. Left me and our kids in the house with no phone, car or diapers. He said, "I was out on a temporary job, they're going to pay me on Friday. I did it for yall!!" *silence*

My husband just told me two days ago that he went to work. Came home at 11:00pm. Come to find out later, he was out selling and using drugs... *silence*

My husband told me that he went and got his mom's car to clean it out and wash it. Today, I call his voicemail and she's on it yelling at him "You took my car again!!? You need to get your life together! There's nothing clean in my car! Don't call me anymore? Ok?"

I could go on and on...