A Happy Valentines day! AD came home from treatment.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Happy Valentines day! AD came home from treatment.

Good morning from Washington State and Happy Valentines Day!

My daughter came home from treatment yesterday. She was in an all women's tx center for three weeks and one week of detox at a hospital before that. She is now starting partial inpatient tx this morning for the next 7 days. She drives about 20 miles to treatment and goes from 8am to 5pm. After that, she begins IOP (intensive outpatient) treatment, 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. I'm crossing my fingers she will continue.

Before she went into detox, she had a huge relapse after 3 months of going to a Methadone clinic. The Methadone clinic was actually very helpful for her and kept her from smoking oxycontin, although she was still smoking pot. =( She held two jobs and was showing a lot of progress. But then she had a severe relapse when she was in between treatments and the appointments she had set up were two weeks apart (stopping the Methadone clinic to starting Soboxone therapy at the hospital). During that two weeks, sh** hit the fan hard. She blew through $3,000 for Oxycontin. I guess I was somewhat lucky in that I was able to force her into detox, she had nowhere else to go and we had kicked her out for the first time and she slept on someone's porch. If she does relapse again, which I'm not thinking about, at least I know I tried my hardest to help her. She is only 18 so I did feel like I had some leverage and could give her a foundation. The rest is up to her (scary).

This morning at 6am, she is glowing and happy and excited about her recovery. I have no idea what the future holds for her or our family but I am really going to try to take this one day at a time (it's so hard).

Just thought I would share some positive news. =)

~C
Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's always good to hear positive news! :ghug
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sharing in your hope and keeping those positive thoughts and prayers rolling. Enjoy the day and the bright promise of your daughter's clear eyes and smile
Old 02-14-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
krhea75

YOur daughter is so young to have gone through so much! My son is the same. 18 years old going on 19, no license, a fast food job, been through rehab so many times I've lost count. He just got out of jail after two months for a probation violation. He seems okay right now, but i know what you mean....one day at a time. Praying for your strength and wisdom.
krhea
Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

When our addicted kid starts doing well it is difficult to relax, exhale and stay in the moment when we know their pattern of relapse all too well.

But try to be " glowing and happy and excited " yourself
After all the drama and worry we must be reminded that we are allowed the feel this way too. Take some time to remember what brings you joy.

I hope your daughter continues a course of recovery.