Had a nice day

Old 02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Searching for Serenity

Smile Had a nice day

(I tried to post this earlier, but I encountered a "database error.")

Yesterday, while our son was napping, A took a nap too. There's nothing terribly unusual about that; it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and one of the warmest days we've had in months. We had mentioned earlier maybe taking him to the park after naptime, so when our son woke up I asked him if he'd like to go. Of course, he said yes, and went to ask his dad if he wanted to go to the park. I half-expected A to say no, or ignore him, but, to my surprise, he said "sure" and got up a minute later, put on his shoes, grabbed the kite and the soccer ball and we all went to the park and had a really nice afternoon.
I couldn't help mentioning to A last night, after our son went to bed that I liked him a lot better now!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm with you, what's up with the whole "data error?" heh

That's GREAT! It's always better when your little one can enjoy the park with both parents. A simple bonding experience. Ahhhh.....enjoy and take in the peace. Sounds like all is moving in a positive direction! AND it couldn't hurt for A to get out there in a fun sober environment and see what the world looks like without a buzz.

Hugs!

Maelynn
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, that's great!! It's been a while since I've talked to you or checked in so I need to backtrack and get caught up but it doesn't change the fact that I'm happy for you and the kids!!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never thought of 'normal' as being blissful until I began recovering from myself