Saw bf @rehab.Wow,he left me speechless.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Saw bf @rehab.Wow,he left me speechless.

wow....he really surprised me. He said if he had never been in world revolves around me mode, and either on something or drinkin i wouldnt have been so much trouble. He realized i was only reacting to him. He realizes now that he is clean and learning that i was the only bright spot and he almost lost me. He said now with the clear head he has he realizes that he was the one who caused his relapse. He knows i just knew he was doing wrong and was trying to help. Im in shock.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kuljey View Post
wow....he really surprised me. He said if he had never been in world revolves around me mode, and either on something or drinkin i wouldnt have been so much trouble. He realized i was only reacting to him. He realizes now that he is clean and learning that i was the only bright spot and he almost lost me. He said now with the clear head he has he realizes that he was the one who caused his relapse. He knows i just knew he was doing wrong and was trying to help. Im in shock.
Hello Don't think I've read any of your other posts....

Just wanted to say that, through many tears and heartaches, I learned to look at my AH's actions, not just his words. If I had a nickel for every time I heard similar things come out of his mouth......

I'm glad he is in rehab and I sincerely hope it sticks and he is ready to make staying clean a lifelong commitment AND I hope you are taking good care of yourself.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad your boyfriend is in a place where he is getting clean. Hopefully, when he leaves treatment and begins his recovery, you won't let him blame you for anything he chose to do in the past or chooses to do in the future. It is not your fault and never was. Are you taking any classes at his treatment center or attending outside meetings to learn how to take care of yourself? I am learning all of this now while my daughter is in her 3rd week of treatment, she is only 18. I never realized how her addict side manipulated me and how my codependency contributed (yet didn't cause) her addiction. There is so much for us to know.

Take care of yourself,
~C
Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I sincerely hope that he gets it and remains clean. Just please be careful that you don't fall for his lines. Remember that Actions speak louder than words.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-09-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Actions do speak louder than words and i too would hold back judgment on whether he is going to change till later - but it sure is nice to hear the words sometimes - especially when we're hurting so much.