Would anyone here be willing.........

Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Would anyone here be willing.........

Im not sure if its ok to ask this here or not but im going to take the chance anyway.....Im asking if anyone would be willing to write my brother an uplifting letter? He is in jail.......4 months clean today, hes in for a probation violation and hes having a hard time, a real hard time! Hes in a cell 20 hrs a day and there is a kid in there that was involved in something he did when they were 17 yrs old (5 yrs ago) and he is spreading rumors that my brother is a snitch when in fact it was the other kid that had ratted everyone out back then, so needless to say if you know about jail a snitch isnt tolerated! He is very depressed and wants to defend himself but he is up for parole next month and doesnt want to mess that up. He is now on medication for depression do to the fact he cut his arm up the other night, he is very lonely very sad and could use some uplifting words.............if anyone is intrested let me know, you can use my address as a return if you dont want him to know yours........and im sorry if im not suppose to put this here
Old 02-07-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nichole - I don't think this is a problem as long as no one posts private info on the forum itself. If anyone wants the info, they can send you a private message.

I'm sorry your borther is struggling - so nice of you to care enough to want to positive messages flying his way! I've got him in my prayers. He really is right where he should be...remember his higher power has him near too. Hugs
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

maybe this problem will keep him from doing the wrong thing again........maybe he is right where he should be, but its hard hard hard and its tearing us apart........thank you so much
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I would love to send him some support through the mail. Unfortunately I can relate to life behind bars. I went to prison twice for drug charges (using too many doctors for prescriptions for narcotics without telling any of them about the others) The second time I went, I had 7 months clean and sober before I was sentenced. I had been going to two meetings a day, seven days a week and had built up a fantastic support system through many in the Fellowship before I was even aware of the charges. Getting mail from my friends in the Program helped me more than anyone could even imagine.

It's tough in jail/prison. Don't let anyone fool you thinking that when you're locked up that you can't get high. Drugs are available in prison. I was targeted as a snitch for no other reason than the fact that my Big Book was always with me, I wasn't demonstrating old behaviors or feeding into the drama & BS that was everywhere.

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this for your brother. I hope he knows just how fortunate he is to have a sister like you. You will be getting a PM from me after I submit this reply.

God Bless You Both,
Judy