Son is in Rehab!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

YAY for you, Winnie, and your son!!

I'm so happy you'd think it was my son getting into rehab!!! Enjoy your "vacation!!"
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyJoey View Post
You have to keep me posted on how he is doing in there....6 months right?
they say its possible to graduate in six months but no one ever does - my son thinks he will so i'm letting him keep that as a goal. 9 months is more likely.

I will have visitations once a week and counseling starts up soon. As time goes on he gets leave - starts out at 2 hours and then works up to weekends. Once we get closer to weekends i have to get some better boundaries set so that once he does come home it wont be as much chaos as it has been. Its just unfair for my daughter and i to live with the stress of always walking around him - he's been put first for far too long in this home.

My daughter and i both were so relieved last night. She finally just broke down and let it all out. She loves her brother but always feels like her life and needs are on hold when he is around.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How wonderful that he is in a place with such structure. I pray for his recovery and that he will find his way!

I'm so glad your daughter could let it out last night, too. Can you and she do some fun girl-time stuff this weekend? You know...window shopping, doin' the nails, enjoying the warmer weather we are supposed to get in these parts this weekend.....

Hugs to you! HG
Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Can you and she do some fun girl-time stuff this weekend?
She has a school dance tonite and parents have to attend with the kids. I'm sure she'll force me out on the dance floor and i'll go along with it. wont be too much longer till me dancing will embarrass her so i gotta take this last chance.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BBD

Winnie, Enjoy this well-earned time and do nice things for yourself. I'm so happy your son is on his way to a good, healthy life. Prayers for your family that he can stick to his recovery. I know the feeling of taking a deep breathe and enjoying it. Ohhhh~~the little things in life. Hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
She has a school dance tonite and parents have to attend with the kids. I'm sure she'll force me out on the dance floor and i'll go along with it. wont be too much longer till me dancing will embarrass her so i gotta take this last chance.
That's sounds wonderful for the both of you!!! ENJOY!!!

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OOO Winnie,
Go have fun tonight. Your daughter has you all to her self. I am so glad you both have this time together without the stress. I am also excited to hear you can see your son once a week, I hope when my son gets to rehab I can see him as much.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

He got accepted today and is all checked in. I am beyond relieved and he is also very happy!!!

I already feel like I can breath again.
Praying for a successful, genuine, holy recovery for that boy!!!!

And you too mamma.

Peace at last!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Always nice to hear good news!!! Congrats to both of you! Keep us posted
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Winnie,
I hope everything is going well for your son now that he is in rehab. When will you get to visit with him?
HG
Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Since he's in a facility for minors they have a lot of visitation. I saw him Sunday and he was doing well. he seems very relieved to be in there and to have some companionship from kids his own age - that seems to have helped the depression quite a bit. then again - its up to him - he seemed fine the last time too
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Winnie, Always helpful when we know we're not alone, so perhaps being with others his age will be beneficial. That being said I hope this time around he will grasp recovery with both hands.

In the meantime, relax, spend time with your daughter, and enjoy.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

BTW, I got to MEET Winnie Fri. night She's pretty, funny, and just as wonderful, in person, as she is here, at SR. She doesn't look old enough to HAVE a 16-year-old... We could have talked for hours, but it got busy at work.

I got to see pictures of AS, and dd, who is a little princess. Hopefully, I will get to meet dd, the next time Winnie comes, as she loves the restaurant I work at. I did send home a milkshake for her.

I am so grateful for SR and the ability to actually meet some of the friends I've made here. It is a true gift, to "meet" someone for the first time, and feel like you've known them your whole life. Though we usually come here in despair, with heavy hearts, I will forever be grateful for the gifts SR has given me...a much better life and some wonderful friends!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Great thread. I'm glad that things are going well.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That is so sweet, Amy! That you and Winnie met! Neat stuff.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Winnie,
I am glad you got to see your son. I know for me, it would be a relief to just see him and know he is in a good place. So glad your getting out to enjoy yourself and meet with friends.........you deserve it!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Winnie, I'm so happy for your son and for YOU. It must be a huge relief to have him in a safe place so you can relax for a bit. You sure deserve it! I'm sending lots of positive vibes to your son for some good learning and healing and recovery, and to YOU for lots of rest, relaxation, and time for some self-indulgence. Big hugs!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you all! Especially thank you Amy for such sweet comments. I cant say how much it has helped me knowing that if things got really crazy that I knew someone close by that I could run see if I needed. For so long I handled so much on my own - quietly - not telling anyone what was going on. It was just not a burden that could be handled alone and I'm so thankful for finding this site and the friends I have made on here. Its not going to all go away and I'm not done with the battle or the lessons but at least I dont feel alone anymore. That alone has made this bearable.