Running in Circles

Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's helped me when I am in a particulrly bad spot and not feeling good about myself to remember something I learned in the rooms. Not only is tomorrow another opportunity, I can start my new 24 hours any time I want.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

thinking about you and hoping your okay ..............check in when you can please
Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you for admitting it to us. You're going to get through this - just start over. we all fall sometimes. our success is not measured in whether or not we occassionally fall but whether we keep picking ourselves up and trying again. Dont give up on yourself - we havent given up on you.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Haven't given up on myself... in fact I feel very accomplished today. My dad is still gone, but I made it to my first NA meeting. It was at noon, so I had to forge a note from my dad to get a pass to leave early, but I figured it was now or never because there isn't one close enough to me later tonight. I know my priorities are a little shakey, but I felt this was more important right now.
It was weird, but nice to know people were out there close by anyway..
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
I made it to my first NA meeting.

WHOHOOO!!!! I'm sooooooooo proud of you Jason!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yay!!! You go!!!! Fantastic...keep it up. Remember, take care of you. There are a lot of people here rooting for you!

HG
Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

GOOD JOB!!! How smart you are. I am proud of you Jason, I know that wasn't easy. I am waiting on hubby to get off his butt so we can get a bite to eat, I will check back in on you later on...........OOO I am so proud!!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Jason, I am so proud of You!!!!! Getting ready to go to my meeting and just thought I'd check in on you. I know how hard that first meeting must have felt (been there), and so happy that you forged ahead!

Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey Jason,
Had a wonderful thought today. My husband loves riding motor cycles, in the summer, he has a Harley and I have one also but, I never got the nerve up to ride on the road. Long story short, I would love if your looking to get away this summer (since you will have extra time on your hands) come to PA and keep my hubby busy, ride with him....easy to get a permit and we have dirt bikes so you can learn before hitting the road. Free room (your own) and food, can't promise to entertain you 24/7 but would love to have the company. Something to think about and hopefully look forward to. We do some pretty neat stuff around here in the summers, we have a boat and do some water skiing.....just think about it, open invite. I hope your doing better today, sounds like you are. Keeping you in my thoughts.....hang in there.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Wow...haha, I don't know what to say. Thanks for the invite, that's very generous of you. Sounds like fun, I'll keep it in mind when it gets to be around summer time. The only thing though is that I need to work over the summer because I gotta pay for most of college probably. I'm guessing by now my dad has burned through some of the money he's had saved for me.

I am doing much better today, thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Jason, So good to hear you're doing MUCH better today. And don't forget, that tri-state tour if you come this way. Sorry no bikes in our garage or boat. But there are plenty of amazing things to see in Maryland.

Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Lol, I won't. If I ever get a chance I'll try to make it all around.
My dad came home about 45 minutes ago. He's high. Go figure. I'm in my room, he's somewhere out there... I feel like a prisoner or something.
But whatever, I can't let it get to my head, today was too good.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Knock it off Chris, your going to have to come to PA to visit him, LOL, that or we can come pick you up....MD is not far from PA.... I am just kidding with you.

Jason,
I don't think finding work will be a problem, we have a small trucking company if we can't give you work I know people that can. We got my son a job for a building supply company that we haul for, I don't think it would be a problem for you to work there if that is more your thing....(I am thinking Joey will be in Rehab by then, we already had him quit his job). Plus we live near a large mall. So far the economy is holding up pretty good around here. As long as you have a valid license we have a vehicle around you can use.....if your not valid, we can work on that this summer.....like I said can't entertain 24/7, but if you get bored you can jump over and see Chris (I guess, I can share ) ....this could be good Jason. No really, if you are looking to see what PA is like and just want a break............anytime.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jason - awesome that you found that first meeting! I think that first one is kinda scary, like anything new. I found that overcoming that hurdle was huge for me and before i knew it I was closer to the folks in the rooms than most other people in my life. Kinda like here - we don't know each other in person, but we've become close and we all care.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Julie, I just think we should "all" go to "Ocean City" How far are you?

Jason, Hoping you have another Great day!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey Jason,
Seeing how your doing today.

Hi Chiris..........."Ocean City" is not far 3 1/2 hrs. We could do that.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Gee, I sure am a ladies man on here, huh? Lol, just kidding.
I'm doing pretty good, got to a meeting this morning and met a guy who lived under his dad's addiction to cocaine for quite some time. He pretty much reassured me that it gets so much better and easier to focus on yourself once you can leave.
Probably gonna go hang out with some other people soon. Not druggie people...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Jason, That is so awesome!!! It can and will get easier with program friends to support you in your goal to get & stay clean.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Jason,

That is so cool. I am glad you are getting to meet new people that have/ had the same problems you do...........keep it up. These will end up being real friends that care about you....not your drugs or money.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good for you Jason you have what it takes to have a good life I am praying for you.
A friend
Maggiemac