Well, I'm beating myself up today.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You folks are the best! I finally gave up last night and just went to bed early. The phone kept ringing because the youngest AD kept calling me to update me on the car situation, which I did appreciate, but I just wasn't able to concentrate on school anymore.

She's fortunate to have some very good friends. She called the fellow (old BF actually) who she bought her first car from (he races on weekends, so he's got a trailer) who happens to live in Wichita where her car still is. He offered to trailer it back over here today to her friend's house who does all her mechanical work. She has the next two days off anyway since everyone's work hours have been cut. Walmart knows the car is there and was going to keep an eye on it for her as best they could.

I'm glad I went to bed early. I've got a bit of a headache this morning but took a couple of excedrin and it's easing up, so I'm ready to hit the books. I'm also going to make the flash cards for the Latin terms as suggested.

I sat here tearing up this morning reading down through all the responses, all the suggestions and encouragement mean the world to me! :ghug
Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((DeVon)))

I'm glad you got a little rest. The one thing I learned, in nursing school, was that when I was totally frustrated, I had to take a break from what was driving me crazy. I kept thinking "I've just got to study harder", but that made it worse. Even a 30 minute break, could make a world of difference.

The lating thing made me laugh. I was raised in a Lutheran church, and most of our prayers were in Latin. It wasn't until I was in high school, and friends were taking Latin, that I realized I'd been saying prayers in Latin most of my life!!!

Put the stick down, and stop beating yourself up. I, too, thought I had to have A's, could barely tolerate a B. Anatomy and Physiology "cured" me of that. I was darned glad to get out of those with C's. I wanted to graduate nursing school with honors. When my mom died in my first year, I realized there's a whole lot more to lfie than just grades. I think I ended up with a 3.2 GPA. Guess what? In 12 years of nursing, no one ever asked what my GPA was.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Freedom, How's the day today?

Latin...hmmm...never took that one. My BF can read latin and greek, and he is fluent in French and Welsh as well....Oh of course I don't feel inadequate ;-0.

Keep up the great works!!!

HG
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Hey Freedom, How's the day today?
Feeling better today. I left a message for the instructor yesterday to give me a call to see if she had suggestions too on the class, which she did. She also had made a mistake on when the test was due, so I get to take it again! She apologized for the wrong date! Wohooooooo!!!!!

Today's majority of work will be in my ICD-9-CM Coding class, which I am digging the heck out of, tomorrow will be Pathophysiology (love love love it), and Saturday will be Health Statistics!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom.....

When I was going for my 2nd Masters. I had a melt down. Now in undergrade classes I had always taken 21 units a semester with permission from the dean. But, at that time I was single with no children and lots of time on my hands (I was only 16 as a Freshman). So, when I went for my 2nd Masters I had a family and other responsibilities besides school. What I learned is to take time to meditate first then, work. Another great tool is record the information that you need to know and listen to it on tape. This will help with memorization. I use this tool with my students now.

My heart goes out to you because all of my Grad classes were online and I can actually say that they were more difficult than going into class.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better Freedom, but (((HUGS))) anyway! : )
Take a break and go snuggle with your adorable doggies when the school work gets to be too much. Or, send them my way and I'll snuggle them for you!!!