Well, I guess AH made the decision for me - - -

Old 12-31-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
work in progress

"I don't ever want to be here again."

I couldn't agree with you more.

Good to go back and see how far we've come!

Happy New Year!!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Thanks guys - I got a call last night @ 2 am and AH is now in their hands. I said I will NOT come and get him if he chooses to bail out anytime soon. His dad won't either, so he's stuck in Fla and will have to find his own way back! I also told his mom and family that this didn't mean anything @ all on my part. I ran him to the airport last minute, I said I would work with counselors, doctors, nurses, whomever, but that didn't mean I was staying with him or getting sucked back in to a marriage. I told AH this too on the way down. I will reiterate it later on as well.

I called his mom this am to tell her that AH arrived. She was glad, but was crying and said is he ok? I am thinking "well as OK as any heroin addict can be." She said well I just miss him. I said yea, I'll have missed him when he's dead if he continued on the same path up here. She said well you didn't tell him that this didn't mean you'd get back together did you? I said yes, I did - he needs to know that he's doing this for himself and NOT for me. Also he's in good hands now and has lots of counselors to help him work through those issues. I can see that her and I will have LOTS of trouble. I'm going to continue to avoid her calls and have my contact to her be my SIL. I get worked up every single time I speak with her it seems. She is so unbelievably clueless.

His dad is going to pick him up in Florida (he lives in Alabama) when his rehab is done and AH will go live with him for a while and there's NO WAY his dad will put up with his crap. He will be in a structured environment with his dad.

I'm kinda feeling jipped because it should be *ME* that is laying on a beach in Fla. instead of facing 2-6 inches of snow tonight. *I'm* the one who did all of the work! J/K. Thanks for being there guys.
Callie
First of all I don't know you. I have been reading all of the posts and your updates. You are truly an inspiration!!! Keep up your strength!!
I just want to make a comment on him"laying on the beach in Florida"... I went to a treatment center in Florida (hmmm, i wonder if it is the same one) and there wasn't any time for the beach. It was constant groups and meetings. Sure we had some free time, but for the most part, it was a lot of work. You sould be sitting on the beaches of
Florida!!! Now that part of the household income isn't being wasted on drugs, maybe you can save up to bring the kids there.
You are in my thoughts!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

((hugs))
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I just realized that this post was from 2 years ago. Just goes to show you that my last TWO new years have been f ed up! This one is tame compared the the last one! Happy New Years SR. I hope this post helps someone out there. Tonight the kids and I are watching Harry and the Henderson's. A much needed change from the last few NYE's.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
tam

sure helping me..way to go callie!! your truly an inspiration for me not only on your recovery but your running as well ...I hope to be at your point someday too, my wish is that one day I can run a 1/2 marathon..thank you for sharing your story..
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
work in progress

Callie- "Just goes to show you that my last TWO new years have been f ed up!"

New Years Eve 2009-
I spent it with MrSofa at a local hospital. He checked himself in for detox. Then the first week of the year I spent it alone while he was there. A worried, scared mess.

New Years Eve 2010-
"The breakup" ... I spent this first week of this past year detoxing from him.
Some of my roughest days.

New Years Eve 2011-
My quiet, comfy, drama & drug free house watching "Eat Pray Love" by the fireplace in my fluffy socks with my nephew. It was dreamy.

"A much needed change from the last few NYE's. "

Amen to that, sister!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

After six knee surgeries and more pending, I'll never be able to run another marathon. Callie, run for yourself first, then for the rest of us who wish we could. I miss the feel of certain muscles flexing and the pure adrenaline high. Run, Callie, run
Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Run, Callie, run

LOL! I'll do my best. Running is something that I NEVER liked. I still don't love it, but I'm so glad to be accomplishing something. Plus, I can fit into my jeans again!

Sofa, years wasted. I hate that the most. Why did I stay so long? I started re-reading my posts and couldn't finish alot of them. Such a sickening feeling. 4 years ago he entered his first detox. It's been a mess and full of lies since then. Glad to be out of it!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Wow Callie...

You have done tremendously. I hope to be where you are someday, truly.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I didn't realize at first that this was an old thread, and my heart hurt for you and your kids all over again!

It's been quite a journey, hasn't it? Sometimes it takes awhile before we can see the progress that we are making, one day at a time.

Happy New year to you. I hope 2011 is the best one yet!