SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT - Its Official! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/167153-ot-its-official.html)

GwenMarie30 01-20-2009 09:09 AM

OT - Its Official!

Ladies and Gentelman, we now have a new President!:c029:

Done_With_It 01-20-2009 09:43 AM

Yes Gwen! I am very excited Also!!! I missed part of it and will have to watch the rest later!!

:c011:

Kimmieh 01-20-2009 09:48 AM

I really hope he will make sure that anyone who needs treatment for addiction, illness, mental illness or anything can get it without having to worry about the costs. Everyone deserves a chance at good health. Yay President Obama!

Jewelz 01-20-2009 09:56 AM

woohoooo!!!!

I hope and pray that the years ahead the load is a little lighter. I see so many people feeling more hope this day.

Maybe this dont need to be moved to cafe central maybe the subject could say off topic??

hugs,
Jewelz

GwenMarie30 01-20-2009 09:58 AM

I guess I can post here until its moved. So.......

I dont vote. As prefrence and also just simply cant because my rights to vote were lost when I committed a felony for having possession of meth. But I do like the things he has said. I dont understand alot of what is going on and its hard for me to make a decision when I feel that Im not all that intelligent when it comes to politics.

I am just really impressed with his campaign. Im sure there will be dissappointments with anyone they put in office. And I liked what the other canidates had to say too. And really I dont see how he can make anything worse.

But this thread wasnt to debate. It was simply offering congrats on someone who achieved their goals. Now we sit back and watch to se how much he achieves.

GwenMarie30 01-20-2009 10:00 AM

Jeez Jewels, I cant figure out how to edit. Help please?

Jewelz 01-20-2009 10:25 AM

eew I am unsure but the moderators could change it.

mooselips 01-20-2009 11:02 AM

I think this thread is fine where it is!

And prayers for President Obama as he helps our country out of it's huge difficulties.

God Speed......

Congratulations to President Obama and his family.

GiveLove 01-20-2009 11:08 AM

No matter who, I'd be wishing WHOEVER best of luck. (We're in kind of a soup, y'know? Need all the help we can get :D )

Democracy is a great thing to watch and to have the chance to participate in, in whatever way we can. A nice break from thinking about the ickiness of addiction....

jerect 01-20-2009 01:10 PM

I'm so excited and hopeful on this wonderful day in America...

GwenMarie30 01-20-2009 04:20 PM

Thank you to the moderator or admin that fixed the title of this thread.

PacNorwesterner 01-21-2009 08:03 AM

What an incredible day - for the entire world. I am so full of hope, hope which I haven't felt for about eight years.

laurie6781 01-21-2009 09:00 AM

As with all NEW Presidents, it will be interesting.

For those that will continue to follow the POTIS's progress, here is a great site to bookmark:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

As I have for many years now, I have gone into my "Wait and See" mode.

Love and hugs,