Things have a way of balancing out...

Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things have a way of balancing out...

After oldest AD's spectacular performance yesterday of leaving me stranded at the hospital after I got my drain out, and then hitting me up twice for one of my pain pills to sell, I had no doubt there would be no caring call today to check up on me as she had promised. Hell hath no fury like an active addict being told no!

On the other hand, youngest AD completely blew me out of the water as not only has she taken on all household chores, including two daily feedings (and medications of seniors) of the zoo crew-7 dogs and 9 cats, but she did a slew of dishes last night, cleaned up the microwave, has even mopped the kitchen every day, and been fixing my meals.

I had also emailed my academic adviser at the college as my classes are starting on the 19th (all online), and I had no idea how to get my books as campus is 40 miles away, I can't carry anything heavy, and am not up to road trips yet. Well, she in turn emailed the director of the bookstore, which I appreciated the help, but went ahead and made backup plans as the last semester was just plain nuts, and any communications with the bookstore (emails, voice mails, AND faxes) all went unanswered. Then I turned it over.

Lo and behold, the director emailed me today, so it looks like my text books will be shipped out UPS, which will get them to me in plenty of time, and no fear of having to try and toddle across campus on Friday with youngest AD helping me, and her carrying the books!

I'm not feeling so hot today which I am sure is due to the bit of extra activity yesterday in having to go to the hospital, so I am being very gentle with myself, and getting lots of rest.

I don't know if it's old age or just working a better program, but I just don't get my panties in a wad anymore over most stuff!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
After oldest AD's spectacular performance yesterday of leaving me stranded at the hospital after I got my drain out, and then hitting me up twice for one of my pain pills to sell, I had no doubt there would be no caring call today to check up on me as she had promised. Hell hath no fury like an active addict being told no!
Funny! Yeah....why is it they have such stomping juvenile hissy fits over little things (you said she thought she could get $7 for one pill)? The AS of my BF pitched a loo-loo over not getting $3 for an "ice cream sandwich".

I'm glad that you and your crew are being taken care of! Rest up and recover!!

HG
Old 01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so happy that your youngest daughter is there to help you!! and what an awesome lady to help you with your textbooks!!

Sounds like you had a great day!!

Much love,
LD
Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Continuing to send prayers for your heal and for another good semester at school. Maybe someday your oldest will take a lesson from your youngest. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give your youngest a big hug from me - what a sweetie! So glad she is there to help you and the critters and that everything worked well with classes.

I think it's the recovery, Freedom. I think I was getting old 3 years ago and I definitely still stressed the big and small stuff. Now I am pretty good at letting it go.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank goodness all is now working correctly, and relief can wash over you! You are very lucky to have wonderful people around you to help. I hope all will go well!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bless your youngest daughter for being such an angel. Sometimes I think HP gave me my daughter as a balance since he knew i'd have my hands full with my son.

What i saw as your thread progressed is that you were hopeful but guarded originally - which proved to be wise while still loving.

You were dealing with your own personal conflicts but were open for others to help you and let it go without allowing yourself to get too worked up. Letting others help you allowed you to get what you needed in surprising places.

Overall - you just seem so healthy to me and I just want to say Good Job getting through these hurdles this week. You handled this all so well.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 01-14-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kudos to your younger daughter, and to you for having things sorted out so nicely.

Get well soon, and good luck with this semester.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((DeVon))

Give your youngest daughter a big hug for me, and the oldest?

I'm glad things are working out for you, and I think you are doing an awesome job at taking care of yourself, letting others help you when you need help, and letting go of things you can't control...way to go!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Amy, I love that frying pan icon!

Last night the phone rang after I had gone to bed, and of course it was Miss Inconsiderate checking up on me, and I did not answer. I was quite comfortable with several dogs all cuddled up against me.

I am really proud of youngest AD as it has now been several months since a binge-drinking episode, and she has actually recently begun seeing a nice young man with a steady job driving for Coca Cola, and no rap sheet! They are taking it slow, which is a complete change for her! She's made arrangements for her practice GED tests and will be starting her classes at the cosmetology school later this spring.

This is all through nothing I have done but detach and allow her to do her thing, right or wrong.

We communicate better now than we ever have.

It's beautiful to watch her work with her gelding who she has trained from day one since he was purchased just green broke at 4 years of age (he will turn 6 this April). Once I am back on my feet, I am going to get some videos of her riding him.

We had a cold front come through today, temps will continue to drop, and I think it's a good day to spend in bed and continue to rest and watch tv with the dogs and doze.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((DeVon))

Too funny about the youngest's new man. I was telling Anvil of this man I met at work..he was gorgeous, had a job, and didn't have a crack pipe or bottle of alcohol sticking out of his pocket..she said "this must be part of the new checklist?!"

It's cold here, too, and I have the day off. I'm snuggled up to one of the cats, so I'm with you...NAP TIME!!!

Take it easy, and take care of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy